Cultivated Reef

Frogfish's 32 Gallon Reef - Back to looking... okay-ish

YaBoyLaj

So I guess It's breeding season in the ol' 30 gallon cuz i got (coral) BABIES lol

Cloves

image1_zps6m5iaje6.jpg

Acans

image2_zpsjzxszx7s.jpg

Zoas (lots of em)

image3_zpsmcbvjo0l.jpg

Kenya Tree Soon to be branches

image4_zpsrcibouwl.jpg

GSP there is an absolute shit ton of these guys, you should see the back of the rock (can't get a good pic of it):(

image1_zpsfbmhaeyk.jpg

• Like 1

So nothing too new with the reef... More issues though. GSP looks all droopy, but all the polyps are extended, Acans are receding and my Kenya tree is being a little finicky, but he's starting to open up again. I did grab this little leather for $5 at Petco and He's slowly starting to extend his polyps out

image_zpspzop7xqr.jpeg

Nice Maxi! The fishy CPR thing was kinda funny despite losing a fish. That always sucks. The videos were nice too.

Thanks man! Yeah, I was once able to revive a purple tang doing that, I was shocked that it worked, but meh shit happens :P

So here's some pics! Tank made a good recovery and corals looks great again!

Mixed rock

image_zps8mc13kgz.jpeg

Zoas (and Jelly!)

image_zpsftkwivcp.jpeg

Joker Hammin out on a CC Star

image_zpsjyojwmra.jpeg

Awful pic of my mini maxi who is doing great!

image_zpsopfjqkmp.jpeg

• Like 2

So, I picked up a baby sea hare today and he is pigging out on my hair algae! He still has a lot of work though haha

My tube anemone is looking great!

image_zpsrzwgm6y3.jpg

I noticed that tonight my tube anemone was pulling his tentacles in every now and then. Thinking it was pods I looked closer and saw like 100 shrimp like things darting and swimming around my tank. Probably misids, all I know is that my tube anemone is happy... Yay

• Like 3

So, I picked up a baby sea hare today and he is pigging out on my hair algae! He still has a lot of work though haha

My tube anemone is looking great!

image_zpsrzwgm6y3.jpg

I noticed that tonight my tube anemone was pulling his tentacles in every now and then. Thinking it was pods I looked closer and saw like 100 shrimp like things darting and swimming around my tank. Probably misids, all I know is that my tube anemone is happy... Yay

How do you get baby mysis in your tank?

Haha, fair enough.

that tube nem is cool though. I take it that it cannot move around?

It can when it's making a burrow. It has a strong foot and when it finds a spot, it rarely moves.

• Like 1

So, exciting day today! Bought a Green striped Mushroom, blue death paly colony and a beautiful single polyp Pink/ purple paly with white speckles all for $12.96 woohoo!

image_zpsoa5wtscf.jpeg

I'll posts pics when they open up!

DAMNIT! My huge ass feet photo bombed...

• Like 2

Thanks!

Not yet, very soon! I'm just waiting for my sea hare to clean up the algae & my Kenya tree to stop acting up. I'll upload one soon I promise! ;)

Speaking of which, this is nesquik!

image_zpsgxzsb750.jpeg

• Like 1

Purple Deaths are Open! Other paly is a little pale, but slowly coloring up

image_zps7dgjrljm.jpeg

Mushroom is (very) slowly opening, but still... Opening

image_zpskr18h6t7.jpg

Eagle eyes are happy ( not new, but I love them :P)

image_zpsbwdchjld.jpeg

• Like 2

I've got some of those purple deaths too, I love them! Be careful, they spread fast and will crowd out other zoas :)

I put them on their own rock :) can they spread like Kenya tree or Xenia? Like can they just break off to other parts of the tank?

I put them on their own rock :) can they spread like Kenya tree or Xenia? Like can they just break off to other parts of the tank?

No, they spread like zoas and palys, but their mat will extend quickly. You should be fine with them on their own rock, and they'll be really pretty :)
  • Like 1

No, they spread like zoas and palys, but their mat will extend quickly. You should be fine with them on their own rock, and they'll be really pretty :)

Sweet! Thanks teeny :D

Purple Deaths are one of my favorite palys, nice choice!

And yes, just as teeny said, they'll be fine on their own rock

Thanks! For $5,I'll take anything, except sps... too much work :P

• Like 1

So, daily tank update!

My freakin pistol shrimp dragged my mushroom to his den... I like it and the shroom is fine so All I can say is Nice touch Sher Khan:D

image_zpsrontzzb6.jpeg

My Toadstool wasn't opening so I moved him, and he's already opening and you can see my Kenya tree recovered 100%!

image_zpsoipnj5ae.jpeg

My new paly is 100% open, still slowly gaining color back, but he is happy :) (he was almost white when I put him in :P)

image_zps3cjrm2pn.jpeg

• Like 2