-- Desert Storm

-- Neon Japanese Nepthea

-- Tyree Toadstool

--Purple Yuma

--Red and green Rhodactis

--Orange ricorda

5x Sexy Shrimp

various snails and hermit crabs

Update: upgraded to a sicce 0.5 return pump and it is fantastic! A 1.0 fits as well but I felt it was too much with my power head as well.

Hey so I've decided to start a tank thread this time around just to document coral growth and all my experiences with this AIO.

This tank is going to be setup at my girlfriends as I spend the majority of the time at her house.

I am going to be running an AI prime over this tank for lighting. As for flow I will be running a mp10wqd. And finally I will be adding on a tunze nano ato! The tank is currently sitting on a biocube stand which fits it perfectly! I also upgraded the media basket too.

I am going dry rock this time to decrease the risks of any pests! I will also not be adding anything other than select frags from my main tank. looking forward to seeing this tank develop as well as get everyone's input into my tank!

Now on to some pictures!

9F7FFEC4-67C6-4BD3-A7D2-0B60F796DF26.jpg

F39ED94D-3CC4-4622-87AB-CCF34E9A2DD3.jpg

B94EE1EA-F628-42C4-83A8-322E28DCCC91.jpg

1189A28B-65F8-463F-B300-622014D218C6.jpg

EA395041-D981-4219-AE61-A63B583416BA.jpg

Got the tank wet today! I removed some sand and am much happier with the look! My rocks are all glues as well so I won't need to worry about anything toppling over at all!

Currently running a kessil light but will be changing it out for an AI prime once it comes in!

Let me know what you guys think so far! Any suggestions to keep it on track

B73F44AA-5D50-4CD0-8E29-06EFE4ADB789.jpg

FAF56FE9-1583-44A4-9B20-260EB4CE778F.jpg

They are an amazing tank! They really do have excellent build quality and look really clean! With all the compact full spectrum led lights out now a days it is really simple to make a really clean setup!

Took my kessil off last night and added my new AI prime! I am extremely happy with all the controllability options! Couldn't be happier.

Can't wait to see how this thing will grow corals for me! Anyone have any input on zoanthid growth as well as chalice growth?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright all, next update on the wee tank has been my AI prime, love the little light! Great control and ease of use on the app!

Next up i installed a tunze nano ato because the water evaporates rather quickly in my girlfriends condo....

I am using a 2.5g rimless cube tank as my ato reservoir and think it looks really clean! Here's a couple of pictures for you guys to enjoy;

33F768BA-C7AB-453C-84EA-FF37932A2670.jpg

DC7F5ECF-FAB1-4868-82CE-31AF96929ED2.jpg

8738AC1A-661F-4130-AE02-4FD2399CA4A7.jpg

Nice...looking forward to more pics

Following, thinking real hard about starting up a nuvo 10.

After one year of building up my tank...I think it has cost me well over $3,000....but don't let that hold you back...this is an expensive hobby and it will only get more expensive the larger the tank you have...I personally love this tank...perfect for my small bedroom

Nice...looking forward to more pics

After one year of building up my tank...I think it has cost me well over $3,000....but don't let that hold you back...this is an expensive hobby and it will only get more expensive the larger the tank you have...I personally love this tank...perfect for my small bedroom

I agree, you'll like the tank very much so, I have a 90 gallon as well which is my baby but this little tank is slowly moving its way in too. I've got over 1400$ in on this little tank already... The only reason i started this one was because my girlfriend finally allowed me to set one up in her house... Unfortunately her place isn't large enough for the 90g

Considering getting some sexy shrimp, anyone have any input on maximum amount of sexy shrimp in my ten gallon nuvo fusion?

I have two and they are fine....I've heard to add them in pairs

I bet you could do 4 in this tank....they are very small

I have two and they are fine....I've heard to add them in pairs

I bet you could do 4 in this tank....they are very small

I'll have to grab some then this weekend, a lfs by me sells them for 3x30$ which is good for our area so i think that's what I'm gonna do

your rock scape is sick! good looking setup sir

Thanks, I smashed and smashed the rocks until I could get the exact pieces i wanted... Well that my girlfriend wanted aha! She helped out a ton with the scape!

all in all I am extremely happy with it and am excited to get everything covered!

The arch is devoted to mainly my chalice collection and then there's a zoa garden and a shroom ledge too. I've got lots of nice chalice and a rainbow torch which will be fragged from my main tank and put into this cube.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently purchased a new shockproof/waterproof camera, the Olympus TG-4 and it is a great investment!

I was messing around with it last night and took a few shots, I know the colouring isn't the greatest but I am still messing around with the settings!

Here's a few pics for y'all

GobStoppers zoanthid

9D601A4E-6E03-48EF-97AF-06F013327417.jpg

Sunny-D zoanthids

531BF97C-EBEB-4414-80DC-79CF764B019A.jpg

Captain Americas

CB4A33FE-B7A0-49CB-B094-423EBE0EBDC5.jpg

Shrooms-

42C3C536-D6A3-4591-9D16-56CA4DAB779A.jpg

33172D95-DCF7-4844-8EF3-E40DF0AB1536.jpg

Thanks everyone, going to mess with it some more later once everything opens up!

reefernanoman

I recently purchased a new shockproof/waterproof camera, the Olympus TG-4 and it is a great investment!

I was messing around with it last night and took a few shots, I know the colouring isn't the greatest but I am still messing around with the settings!

Here's a few pics for y'all

GobStoppers zoanthid 9D601A4E-6E03-48EF-97AF-06F013327417.jpg

Sunny-D zoanthids 531BF97C-EBEB-4414-80DC-79CF764B019A.jpg

Captain AmericasCB4A33FE-B7A0-49CB-B094-423EBE0EBDC5.jpg

Shrooms- 42C3C536-D6A3-4591-9D16-56CA4DAB779A.jpg33172D95-DCF7-4844-8EF3-E40DF0AB1536.jpg

Thanks everyone, going to mess with it some more later once everything opens up!

Nice tank!

Wow, love the aquascape. Very nice set up.

Thanks! We worked hard to get it to that point! Lots of smashing and glueing!

I must say though the DD EPOXY is really good! It was great to work with wet and dry and stuck both rock and coral nicely for me!

Only thing I do is mix the epoxy under water to remove the residue that gets into the tank sometimes

jackmccann

My zoanthids are already starting to fill in nicely, I've been having some great growth with the AI PRIME! Extremely happy with this light!

72323A36-9924-43C7-9504-6BEE0ADC8061.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
jackmccann

Going away in two weeks for a three week trip In Europe! I've got my brother in law looking after my two tanks so hopefully everything stays good and thrives!

Will post a fish tank shot after my water clears up from a wc I just did!

Elizabeth94

You have a really neat rock layout. Really does look good in there. How are you liking the AIO? Love my fusion 10, it is so easy to take care of. Also have the prime and an mp10. Perfect combo for the tank.

jackmccann

You have a really neat rock layout. Really does look good in there. How are you liking the AIO? Love my fusion 10, it is so easy to take care of. Also have the prime and an mp10. Perfect combo for the tank.

Thank you, it took a while but was totally worth the effort put forth to get the scape we wanted! We have a main zoanthid Rock and then the arch will be mainly chalice and there's a Duncan and tyree toadstool on opposing ends of the arch, the main pillar in the back will be home to my rbta and I also have a rainbow torch on my large tank which will be getting a head or two transferred!

I love the AIO everything is so clean looking! You couldn't ask for a better setup in a tank of this size! And the AI prime is the perfect fit also! It fits seamlessly into my setup! I love it!

Will post a pic once everything opens back up shortly!

Elizabeth94

Are you worried about the bta stinging things? My toech has four heads and the thing takes up a quarter of the tank! Its beautiful though, ill give it that.

jackmccann

Are you worried about the bta stinging things? My toech has four heads and the thing takes up a quarter of the tank! Its beautiful though, ill give it that.

I'm not too concerned, I have another much larger tank to transport it back to if it becomes an issue, my large tank has 9 rainbow bubble tips right now, they keep splitting! I'm more excited to transport a couple heads of my rainbow torch into this tank and keeping it up high on the back rock

Elizabeth94

Thats good to hear. I really want a bubble tip but I just don't have the room in the tiny tank. Cant wait to upgrade.

I have no idea what your other set up is like, but I was under the impression that splitting a lot is not good, and it is a sign of stress. Looks like I need to do a bit more research to see if that is correct. Rainbow bta's? I am sure they are beautiful! Pictures are welcome btw :happy:

The rainbow torch sounds really pretty too! I am on the search for one of the neon green torch corals, but I need to frag my gold torch to make room. Crazy how fast this little ten gallon is filling up.

I'm not too concerned, I have another much larger tank to transport it back to if it becomes an issue, my large tank has 9 rainbow bubble tips right now, they keep splitting! I'm more excited to transport a couple heads of my rainbow torch into this tank and keeping it up high on the back rock

jackmccann

I have had them for many years, they split on their own, all stable parameters no stress other than my clowns bashing them a little bit! But that is normal :) i usually sell them off when I get about a dozen and just keep one or two for myself and start over. I will take some pictures next time I'm at my other house. My big tank is 8 years old now if I recall correctly. Primarily stacked with chalice and euphillia maybe a few zoos and palys in the mix too!

When and what are you upgrading to?

Thats good to hear. I really want a bubble tip but I just don't have the room in the tiny tank. Cant wait to upgrade.

I have no idea what your other set up is like, but I was under the impression that splitting a lot is not good, and it is a sign of stress. Looks like I need to do a bit more research to see if that is correct. Rainbow bta's? I am sure they are beautiful! Pictures are welcome btw :happy:

The rainbow torch sounds really pretty too! I am on the search for one of the neon green torch corals, but I need to frag my gold torch to make room. Crazy how fast this little ten gallon is filling up.

Archived