SaltCritters.com

A little disapointed

cu455

I went to check out Coldwater Marine Aquatics to see what they had. This is what I saw.

I'm disappointed by this thread.

*edit* and now you have the pic. lol

Honestly I'm not surprised they closed down. They are localish to me and have met them a few times at swaps. They knew their stuff but they just never had much stock in. Coldwater is a small group too.

I was about to order stuff and said "oh ill wait a day" and I went on the next day and cried as I almost go my stock for my nano. It was rough and im still not really over it.

AquaticEngineer

Still around and doing temperate stuff, just not able to ship out since I started working a new job. If you are looking for anything let me know though and I can help you find it. I'm hoping I'll be able to start retail sales again in a couple years when my kids are a little older and in school full time.

I met a lot of other people keeping temperate tanks and several other places collecting livestock so there are still lots of resources available :) Just let me know what you are looking for and I'll help you get it.

Worst case scenario just buy a cheap round trip flight out here to Oregon and I'll help you collect it yourself ;)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs LLC opened it's doors in fall 2011 and we were honored to partner up with COLD WATER MARINE AQUATICS in 2012 at Reefaplooza, Josh and Stu are the best guys to hang out with and man they are guru's of Temperate collection of critters/corals.

I designed a few cold water systems around what they collected and ordered from them when I was testing a couple of my cold water systems.

When they announced closing and I read the post I was very sad and felt left in the cold ha ha right? All jokes apart I also announced the the closer of Micro-Reefs in Feb but caught a gust of wind and was able to save my company from closing.

Now that they are gone, everyone all of a sudden wants temperate critters/corals. But rest assure according to Stu there are two entities in California that collect and sell to the public.

So, having said that our site still has the temperate systems that made us a unit of Cold Water Marine Aquatics and placed us on the map of being the first company to offer the nano sized cold water system.

Please spread the word that we are open for business and supporting cold water enthusiast.

Sincerely,

Mike Guerrero

CEO/Founder

Micro-Reefs LLC

Still around and doing temperate stuff, just not able to ship out since I started working a new job. If you are looking for anything let me know though and I can help you find it. I'm hoping I'll be able to start retail sales again in a couple years when my kids are a little older and in school full time.

I met a lot of other people keeping temperate tanks and several other places collecting livestock so there are still lots of resources available :) Just let me know what you are looking for and I'll help you get it.

Worst case scenario just buy a cheap round trip flight out here to Oregon and I'll help you collect it yourself ;)

Glad to see you are still active on nano-reef! I made it out there a few weeks back and saw a lot of cool stuff in the tide pools :o

I wanted to bring it back with me on the plane but figured I would be breaking some laws. Do you know of anywhere to get the local oregon stuff? aggregating anemone's and moonglows?

AquaticEngineer

Tam, for anemones all you'd need is a shellfish license and a way to get them back with you :) They could be carried onto the plane in a very small amount of water since they are intertidal. I would just bag them up with a little water and bring them back in a lunchbox size cooler with an icepack.

Or you could always box and bag them, then drop them off at a FedEx location and ship them back to yourself ;)

The one coldwater thing that'll be hard to get ahold of while I'm not doing it is anemones and corals from the west coast of the US. Neither can be legally collected in California or Washington, and can only be taken for personal use in Oregon unless you are licensed to collect and sell them.

• 10 months later...
AquaticEngineer

Thought I would give you guys the update that Coldwater Marine Aquatics is BACK!

We brought on one of our good friends to help with collecting and we have some big plans for imports this year :)

Keep an eye out for some really cool stuff coming from a new Canadian source, and we are bringing farm raised Weedy Sea Dragons in again!

Check us out at www.ColdwaterMarineAquatics.com

We are all really excited to be back and cant wait to start showing off new coldwater specimens!

Cheers!

Stu

RIP Sebastian

Thought I would give you guys the update that Coldwater Marine Aquatics is BACK!

We brought on one of our good friends to help with collecting and we have some big plans for imports this year :)

Keep an eye out for some really cool stuff coming from a new Canadian source, and we are bringing farm raised Weedy Sea Dragons in again!

We are all really excited to be back and cant wait to start showing off new coldwater specimens!

Cheers!

Stu

Neato! Congrats.

Cheers!

Stu

Awesome news! Coming up to Bob Moore this year?

AquaticEngineer

Awesome news! Coming up to Bob Moore this year?

Thanks!

We might come up and hang out on our way up to Vancouver BC.

Going to do some scouting up there with one of our future suppliers ;)

Cheers!

Stu

You guys have some cool stuff!!!

And farm raised Weedy Seadragons, that is INSANE!!!!

Oy. Whoever bought them needs to start a tank thread on here!!!

My thoughts as well! Told the wife I was gonna start a new tank for them... She says over her dead body, Oh Well, maybe in another life.

• 2 weeks later...
AquaticEngineer

And at only $2500 they're sold out!!!

We do an import from our supplier in Australia once annually that coincides with his sea dragon grow out.

He's allowed to harvest a few adult males that are holding eggs each year and then lets them hatch out in captivity to raise the young for sale.

Archived