inTank Media Baskets

Dylan's 22 L-L for law (but really, long) - new sandbed

Dylan.N

That's too bad about the tank! They are beautiful thing to behold when they actually arrive in one piece. Are you going to set up the tank with a black background or maybe peninsula style?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going with a black background. I'm putting the tank in my room so I didn't have a nice spot to go peninsula style. My dream tank is a 250g peninsula.

The waiting continues...

10pyzz.jpg

10658898_1196070570404909_39423887038324

11254493_1196070573738242_95803141399066

Pay no mind to the pink walls. I'm living in my female cousin's old room.

The pink bottle, however, was a very good and very strong doughnut beer.

I really hope so. I'll be devastated if it's not in 1 piece. FedEx told me it will be ready to pick up today, but tracking hasn't updated since Saturday afternoon. But my lights are on the UPS truck for delivery today.

Just contacted FedEx, and they told me whoever I spoke to on Saturday was wrong. Package won't be available to pick up today. So tomorrow it is.

rickztahone

I really hope so. I'll be devastated if it's not in 1 piece. FedEx told me it will be ready to pick up today, but tracking hasn't updated since Saturday afternoon. But my lights are on the UPS truck for delivery today.

Just contacted FedEx, and they told me whoever I spoke to on Saturday was wrong. Package won't be available to pick up today. So tomorrow it is.

Darn, that sucks. Another strike for FedEx. A sponsor on a site I moderate was telling the team that all of his packages were "untrackable" for one whole day last week due to weather. This was nationwide. A box of discus was in traffic for one extra day. Luckily, they didn't die, but it was a nightmare situation for sure. The purchaser thought for sure they'd all be dead.

That's the risk of shipping livestock. I think I've ordered corals online twice. I lived in Orlando at the time and the place I ordered from was in Miami, so it was a short trip, but I was still nervous both times.

My light came in today and I love the color tone. My tank is en route to the island from NJ. But FedEx could have gotten it here this morning if they really wanted to...

WE HAVE A TANK. AND IT IS IN 1 PIECE.

Thank you, Marine Depot, for the great customer service and getting a replacement out here so quickly! Feels like Christmas morning right now.

Oceanbox surface skimmer is in! This is the only picture I could get where it is actually visible. It's practically invisible when looking straight on. Doesn't get much cleaner than this. I have lots of surface residue so lets see how it does.

600727_1199362436742389_3064662332843275

I think I need to buy a second/stronger heater. We are supposedly getting snow this weekend and I can't get the water temp above 80. I should have known the 50watt wouldn't be strong enough. But we are still looking good.

HarryPotter

I think I need to buy a second/stronger heater. We are supposedly getting snow this weekend and I can't get the water temp above 80. I should have known the 50watt wouldn't be strong enough. But we are still looking good.

Why are you trying to get it above 80? lol

Why are you trying to get it above 80? lol

I'm not. I should have said, "I can't even get the water temp above 80." I have the heater set pretty high but my temp is still around 75/76. So I don't want the water to get any colder when the weather gets colder this weekend.

HarryPotter

I'm not. I should have said, "I can't even get the water temp above 80." I have the heater set pretty high but my temp is still around 75/76. So I don't want the water to get any colder when the weather gets colder this weekend.

Aha, makes more sense. Get a NeoTherm heater rated to your tank IMO and youll be set for a few years at the least, those things are accurate and tanks

Aha, makes more sense. Get a NeoTherm heater rated to your tank IMO and youll be set for a few years at the least, those things are accurate and tanks

I just wish they were cheaper. I'll go to the LFS tomorrow and see what they have.

Today I learned that Reef-a-Palooza is coming to NY this summer. I was just thinking about the Orlando RAP and how I wouldn't be able to go. Time to start budgeting.

Some quick pics I took today. These rocks are really great. A nice natural cave in the rock on the left and a small pass-through between the two rocks on the right. Also starting to get some diatoms on the sand.

12065579_1202148513130448_20392461652913

8899_1202148489797117_482951137643444587

12885708_1202148479797118_92058254262553

Archived