1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Leathers only
    • Softies including leathers
    • Gorgonians
    • LPS

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't have lfs here that attempt anything like that.

They've been around a long time, i think that tank is 10+ years old.

• 2 weeks later...

I need some advise for my toadstool. Instead of standing tall like, well, a toadstool, it's pretty much laying flat with no umbrella. The polyps are still extending, and the color is good. But the clown now only hovers around it, where before she would snuggle down in it. Could it be my elevated magnesium (which I've started bring back down).

Salinity 1.025

alk 8.4

calc 420

mag. 1840

temp 78-79

I need some advise for my toadstool. Instead of standing tall like, well, a toadstool, it's pretty much laying flat with no umbrella. The polyps are still extending, and the color is good. But the clown now only hovers around it, where before she would snuggle down in it. Could it be my elevated magnesium (which I've started bring back down).

Salinity 1.025

alk 8.4

calc 420

mag. 1840

temp 78-79

So the stalk is slumped over? Toads are the bane of my existence at the moment. But some of mine, the stak will slump depending on the flow

So the stalk is slumped over? Toads are the bane of my existence at the moment. But some of mine, the stak will slump depending on the flow

yes, the stalk is slumped. Like a tree that has fallen over. It's been this way for a few days now

I think if the mag bothered it, it wouldn't extend the polyps

this was my thought too

Just placed an order today for some more gorgs and ball sponges from kpaquatics. I am quite excited for Thursday.

yes, the stalk is slumped. Like a tree that has fallen over. It's been this way for a few days now

this was my thought too

I wouldn't worry too much - mine do that sometimes. Maybe try turning it so the flow is hitting the other side?

Cube%20-%20Yellow%20Softie%20Purplish%20

Above is the yellow softie in natural sunlight before being plopped in the tank......yes, it's that yellow.

Here's the same yellow softie in the tank.....half-lit by the natural sunlight, other half is tank lighting.

Yellow20Softie20-20Natural20Sunlight.jpg

Yes, everyone has seen these pics before. Just thought I'd put the retracted, shrunken up version next to the happy, inflated version.

Above is the yellow softie in natural sunlight before being plopped in the tank......yes, it's that yellow.

Here's the same yellow softie in the tank.....half-lit by the natural sunlight, other half is tank lighting.

Yellow20Softie20-20Natural20Sunlight.jpg

Yes, everyone has seen these pics before. Just thought I'd put the retracted, shrunken up version next to the happy, inflated version.

Stunning! And when are you going to send us all frags of this beauty??? Want!

Hammerstone

Stunning! And when are you going to send us all frags of this beauty??? Want!

oh yes I want too lol!!! What kind is it? I probably asked before but I would love to have one!!

oh yes I want too lol!!! What kind is it? I probably asked before but I would love to have one!!

+1

I'd like to see if our LFS has 1 or can get.

That sucker is Pretty! :wub:B)

So is it a brighter/better color of the lemon tree coral and red tip tree coral?

Both of those are listed as Stereonepthya

Here are both:

lemontreecoral-04-09jpg.jpg

Img1327.jpg

Source: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2023424

I'm not sure why his from LA is so much more yellow than the lemon tree you received?

Edit: found this post from LA:

Dzhuo,

The color of the Lemon Tree Coral we offer can range from yellow, tan, or gold. If you would like to receive the yellow coloration of this coral we would recommend informing the Customer Service representative of the specific color you are interested in, they will add notes to your order.

If you prefer placing the order over the internet there is a section at the end of the order for “Notes for this Orderâ€, please add a note specifying which color you prefer.

However, depending on what coloration we have in stock at that time we can not guarantee you will receive the specific color you requested.

We hope you find this information helpful and look forward to hearing from you in the near future!

Jessica H.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1082903

P.S. Your coral sure is a beauty :)

So is it a brighter/better color of the lemon tree coral and red tip tree coral?

Both of those are listed as Stereonepthya

Here are both:

lemontreecoral-04-09jpg.jpg

Img1327.jpg

Source: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2023424

I'm not sure why his from LA is so much more yellow than the lemon tree you received?

Edit: found this post from LA:

Dzhuo,

The color of the Lemon Tree Coral we offer can range from yellow, tan, or gold. If you would like to receive the yellow coloration of this coral we would recommend informing the Customer Service representative of the specific color you are interested in, they will add notes to your order.

If you prefer placing the order over the internet there is a section at the end of the order for “Notes for this Orderâ€, please add a note specifying which color you prefer.

However, depending on what coloration we have in stock at that time we can not guarantee you will receive the specific color you requested.

We hope you find this information helpful and look forward to hearing from you in the near future!

Jessica H.

LiveAquaria

Drs. Foster & Smith

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1082903

P.S. Your coral sure is a beauty :)

I Gotta get 1 from LA! The Pic they show on their page is a gorgeous Blue!...Out of Stock though!

reefs2go had a neon orange version they listed as Stereonephthya

Who knows if that is accurate but tossing these out to give softies hunters some leads. I'm going to be setting up my 10g as a softy tank, this thread convinced me.

steph2_zpsaf23b62c.jpg

reefs2go had a neon orange version they listed as Stereonephthya

I believe stella has a few of these in hers.....

Who knows if that is accurate but tossing these out to give softies hunters some leads. I'm going to be setting up my 10g as a softy tank, this thread convinced me.

steph2_zpsaf23b62c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived