Coral Vue Hydros

Aqua forest salt mix

Cencalfishguy56

Cencalfishguy56

I originally wanted to use Red Sea blue bucket on this build but after much reading am considering this salt and have heard nothing but good reviews! Any input??

Cencalfishguy56

The probiotic salt levels are very close to NSW which is good.

I saw that as well, I like RSCP but the elevated levels make it iffy
  • 3 weeks later...

I am using AF now. Seems to be the easier to use salt I had experience to date.

No brown deposit at the bottom of pail. Fast and easy mix.

And something I find interesting, I never see blue in my tank (SPS)regardless what

salt I use.

Topic Marine,RSP, DD,FM or instant ocean

After change to AF for 3 days I start to see one of my sps starting showing blue.

Up till now 3 months later still remain free

To me this is a wonderful salt especially for SPS

Cencalfishguy56

I am using AF now. Seems to be the easier to use salt I had experience to date.

No brown deposit at the bottom of pail. Fast and easy mix.

And something I find interesting, I never see blue in my tank (SPS)regardless what

salt I use.

Topic Marine,RSP, DD,FM or instant ocean

After change to AF for 3 days I start to see one of my sps starting showing blue.

Up till now 3 months later still remain free

To me this is a wonderful salt especially for SPS

Thankyou for the feedback! I want to get this salt as I've heard nothing but great results, I can't fathom the price of the small bucket for how many gallons it makes versus the bigger bucket I have a bucket and a half of the RSCP but the elevated levels really make me nervous

If you need to drop Alkilinity of RSCP you can do so by adding Hydrochloric / Muriatic acid (ClH). For me, 2ml of 35% ClH added to 5g of mixed RSCP drops the alkilinity from 12 to 8. It's pretty easy, just get a graduated dropper and a $8 bottle of Muriatic acid. The acid is also convenient to have around for cleaning pumps and managing high alk situations in the tank.

Archived