Top Shelf Aquatics

30 High Peninsula Tank

Alkamist

So, i have been a member on here for a good while, yet i haven't posted anything in forever. Last tank i had was a random and interesting experiment that didn't get though out very well. After many lessons learned and countless amount of dollars spent, i can say i have learned a good deal. Anyways, on to the good stuff. I wanted to build a tank, wasn't sure what but i wanted something bigger then the 7.5 gallon i had that had begun to get over filed with corals and didn't give me much room to add more fish. So i ended up getting a 30 tall tank. I didn't want to build the traditional thank with all the rock leaning against the back wall and pretty much getting stuck with a rock wall. I ended up going with a peninsula looking tank.

IMG_0169_zpszwhgqdls.jpg

here is a picture of it from the smaller side, "and yes i know, there is a tang in there"

IMG_0168_zpsrfqnpzle.jpg

Don't mind the algae on the other open side, its for the snails too feed.

As you can see i went with a very open area up top and added a rock system through the middle with lots of small caves for the fish to swim in and out of. This also allowed me to add a lot of corals, because of the very different amounts of insolation that affect the tank.

IMG_0160_zpsjpp4gjd9.jpg

IMG_0161_zps2bnki3id.jpg

IMG_0164_zpsmohnmqrv.jpg

IMG_0166_zpsuznanbkh.jpg

A few Zoas

IMG_0162_zpszub6fgwr.jpg

Random Torch

IMG_0159_zps30oijzoa.jpg

IMG_0163_zpscslium6t.jpg

IMG_0167_zpsouobuc9u.jpg

a couple hard corals

IMG_0165_zpsqmp8jwg5.jpg

and my nem

Welcome back! I recently started posting again after quite a while. How long has your 30 tall been setup? The SPS looks great! I like the torch too. Does the clown host the RBTA?

Coming up on a year in May, but thanks put a lot of work into the set up and now mostly leting it ride Lul the clown host some of the armor of God palys and doesn't seam to want to leave:(

Such an interesting concept, I never would have thought of a 30XH as a penisula tank. So tall and thin, I consider them a challenge to scape. (I started with a 30XH as a seahorse tank). If I were to use mine again I am pretty sure I would have a DSB in it. I did hate being wet to my arm pits when I cleaned it, ha ha!

You have some beautiful coral that are doing very well. I will be following.

• 2 months later...

Haven't updated in while, i have been really busy with school and work and the tank has been running on cruse control for the last few months. There has been a lot of growth since my last update, and i have been slowly adding more and more corals.

IMG_0299_zpskshanygw.jpg

a nice pocillopora i picked up a few days ago.

IMG_0303_zpsrosp4ark.jpg

My green birds nest has really taken off and grown

IMG_0304_zpsjrclsqsg.jpg

my red planet has grown a lot as well as turned a nice shade of red, purple, and green

IMG_0309_zpspneaqad8.jpg

my green and purple cat paw stylo has been really coloring up and adjusting

A few pics of my LPS

IMG_0310_zpsjbbw6tpn.jpg

IMG_0302_zpswr3e6dtl.jpg

IMG_0300_zpsajh07poi.jpg

And a few of my zoas

IMG_0301_zpsltuyca7q.jpg

IMG_0305_zpsrfs2dhrh.jpg

IMG_0306_zpsacmztusp.jpg

IMG_0307_zpsufp80uim.jpg

IMG_0308_zps9rz65os2.jpg