Top Shelf Aquatics

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

Well any day you get new stuff for the aquarium is a good day. Today is a great day. As usual here is a short video of some of the stuff I picked up. Hard to get true color representation with my iphone but it looks cool. Gonna take some photos and post them in a few minutes. Thanks for watching.

Nice video and pics! I am liking the gentle flowing coral.
  • Like 1

I really,like the coral beauty alot, flows really well.

Thanks Mark. Easily one of my favorite fish of all time. So happy, so hungry. Takes after me haha.

• Like 2
Cencalfishguy56

Well everything is looking fluffy and awesome today. Next step, add in an overflow, sump and skimmer. Stay tuned.

image_7.jpeg

This is seriously awesome!
  • Like 2

Attempting to Live Stream my reef . The quality is insanely terrible. LOL

Well I tried. Guess I need a better webcam If I want to do streams. Experiment over...

Side note. My yellow clown goby now hangs out amonst the pulsing xenia all day. Still haven't seen him eat! Wonder what/when he is eating. Either way he looks super happy in his little jungle home.

Trying to decide whether to add a sump next or buy my second AI Prime... decision decisions

• Like 1

Wow. I gotta say im so happy with the way this tank is progressing. I seems to post a video every four days lol. Everything looked amazing today so I took a longer FTS video!

• Like 2
Cencalfishguy56

Wow. I gotta say im so happy with the way this tank is progressing. I seems to post a video every four days lol. Everything looked amazing today so I took a longer FTS video!

Wow everything looks amazing, this is coming together nicely

That's so relaxing to look at and pleasing.

You doing an hob over flow?

Thanks. I try to spend at least 30 minutes a day just watching it. Super relaxing.

Yes, im gonna pick up the eshopps nano cube refugium and overflow. The right side of the tank is a little too dim so im thinking I may have to get the second light first. Bit of a budget on this one.

Markburns43

I hear ya, I think the next step for me is to set up my sump, it was for a bigger build but all I need is the over flow box, and plumbing. I will say though my a.c. 70 with skimmer inside and some floss and carbon has worked great so far. What light do you have again?

• Like 1
gulfsurfer101

Great looking tank! Euphyllia are my recent faves! I've been a big stonehead in the past, however my collecting has been more focused on torches these days.

I hear ya, I think the next step for me is to set up my sump, it was for a bigger build but all I need is the over flow box, and plumbing. I will say though my a.c. 70 with skimmer inside and some floss and carbon has worked great so far. What light do you have again?

Ai prime. I love it and so do my corals. I was debating on just putting together a hob refugium.

Great looking tank! Euphyllia are my recent faves! I've been a big stonehead in the past, however my collecting has been more focused on torches these days.

Thanks gulf! Ive never actually owned an sps! Isnt that crazy, i just love big fluffy flowy things haha. Cant get passed it.

• Like 1
Markburns43

Maybe some montiporas would be a cool addition if you decide on some sps in the future. And for sure another prime would be great for some more coverage

Maybe some montiporas would be a cool addition if you decide on some sps in the future. And for sure another prime would be great for some more coverage

Might look cool but the tank has a very strict no sps policy. Thinking maybe a photosynthetic gorgonian though.

• Like 1

Picked up a 2nd AI prime today. Tank looks so much better and I can now add a torch coral on the right hand side of the tank. Woo. Also LFS is gonna get me the Eshopps Nano Cube and overflow in a few weeks so it shall be sumped!

FTS after new light.

image_9.jpeg

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Picked up a 2nd AI prime today. Tank looks so much better and I can now add a torch coral on the right hand side of the tank. Woo. Also LFS is gonna get me the Eshopps Nano Cube and overflow in a few weeks so it shall be sumped!

FTS after new light.

image_9.jpeg

Such a clean simple looking tank it's insane

The new lights look great! You will like having a sump as it will make your set up even cleaner plus the added water volume.

Im pretty excited for the sump. First ever. Ive always just had a modded hob fuge so im looking forward to the possibilities and the cleanliness of the display.

• Like 1

Noticed some more hitchikers today. One seems to be some sort of pink sponge but it has feather duster like heads on it. The other one i assume to be some sort of aiptasia.... theres about 15 heads except some have green centers, is it just a plain jane green/brown polyp? I dont have a nice camera so i took my best shot with iphone. Let me know folks, thanks!

Sponge?

image_11.jpeg

Aiptasia?

image_12.jpeg

The "aiptasia" in question are tiny. Barely noticeable unless you have your nose to the glass. For size reference that is a small mushroom above it.

Anybody have trouble with yellow clown gobies not eating? Ive had this guy for four days and I havent seen him touch anything. Ive tried brine, misis, flake, pellet. Worried about it starving off....

081.jpg

How's he getting on? I had a green clown goby that I also couldn't get to eat, unfortunately he died a few weeks ago whilst I was away. He would occasionally take a piece or two but nothing more than that, then just stopped altogether.

How's he getting on? I had a green clown goby that I also couldn't get to eat, unfortunately he died a few weeks ago whilst I was away. He would occasionally take a piece or two but nothing more than that, then just stopped altogether.

Well I've had him nearly a month now and hes still with us. Still haven't seen him eat but he has more spunk than ever.

Avoided disaster today. While I was feeding I noticed the BTA had two or three tentacles stuck in the powerhead. Luckily it has the feed mode button and I was able to shut it off super quick. Moved the powerhead behind the top mushroom rock. Thank god I caught it. I saw the second it happened so no harm came to the nem.

Thinking about buying a camera to take some good pics for you guys.

Oh also, seems as those I have hydroids and some sort of sponge. I was looking at ways to get rid of hydroids but they seem to be getting picked at by something. Alot less today than when I first spotted them.

• Like 1