inTank Media Baskets

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

Actually the only reason its not set up now is because we dont have the space! Meeting with a real estate agent on monday. Buying our first home. :)

OH WOW! Congrats!!!

Good Luck with the Hunt :)

Well I couldnt pass up the offer for this tank.

65g drilled.

Stand

Return pump

Heater

Sump

All for $150! (Only $113 usd for my american friends)

Needless to say im in the process of planning the transfer. First i'm going to build a coast to coast overflow for this bad boy. image_76.jpeg

That is a great deal. Maybe with my new tank I should have looked for a gently used one first. Alas, it too late now. A coast to coast will be great too.

• Like 1

Actually the only reason its not set up now is because we dont have the space! Meeting with a real estate agent on monday. Buying our first home. :)

How's the real estate market in Ottawa? Hope it's not too crazy… Just make sure your new house has space for the multiple tanks! :)

• Like 1

How's the real estate market in Ottawa? Hope it's not too crazy… Just make sure your new house has space for the multiple tanks! :)

Its a buyers market at the moment. We want a yard for the dog, and a big basement for fish.

• Like 2

Looked back at old pictures and I realized that I actually started the tank on Oct 22nd... Which means its almost at a year! Woohoo.

Also, a review of my powerhead

• Like 3

Thanks for the Tunze review. Its a powerhead I am considering. Your tank looks great, its kind of sad to take it down to transfer to the bigger tank. Ok, not really but it does look nice.

Thanks for the Tunze review. Its a powerhead I am considering. Your tank looks great, its kind of sad to take it down to transfer to the bigger tank. Ok, not really but it does look nice.

The only downside to the 6040 is the cord in the tank. That is it! It really is bittersweet upgrading isnt it? It most likely wont be until the end of December so we get to enjoy the 29g for a frw more months :)

• Like 1

Its a buyers market at the moment. We want a yard for the dog, and a big basement for fish.

That's great it's a buyer's market, unlike the craziness in toronto! In my current house, there is no space for a larger tank. I may be able to get a custom 40g to fit my existing space.

Looking forward to watching your review of the 6040 when I get home! :)

• Like 1

The only downside to the 6040 is the cord in the tank. That is it! It really is bittersweet upgrading isnt it? It most likely wont be until the end of December so we get to enjoy the 29g for a frw more months :)

I will definitely consider the 6040. Is there a chance that a seahorse hitching to it could injure their tail? That is one of my biggest concerns with powerheads. They hitch to the grating and then the impellor injures them.

Hey enjoy your tank for now and also enjoy dreaming about what you will do with the 65 in your new home! You have lots to look forward to.

I will definitely consider the 6040. Is there a chance that a seahorse hitching to it could injure their tail? That is one of my biggest concerns with powerheads. They hitch to the grating and then the impellor injures them.

Hey enjoy your tank for now and also enjoy dreaming about what you will do with the 65 in your new home! You have lots to look forward to.

I will enjoy dreaming. Thanks :)

I would be a little weary of seahorses near the 6040. It does suck in water to spray out so that may be something to think about. My rbta got a tentacle sucked into it once. Luckily I was watching at the exact moment it happened. The thing about the 6040 is that you can tuck it behind rockwork and it can push flow up and over, or around. So you could place it in an are where the horses cant swim into maybe?

Big news of the day........

I got a 40+ head frogspawn for $20. Yes thats right, $20.....

Local reefer is shutting down his insane 4 sided starfire 180g system. Got some other euphyllia that looks like it may be on its last leg and im not sure what it is but heres hoping it survives. They were free. Sometimes life catches up and we can't maintain our systems, this was the case.

Anyway, im excited.

Its got some hair algae on it, but it looks somewhat healthy. Already extending a bit and the lights are very very low at the moment.

Can't wait to see this thing extended.

• Like 3

Day two of the giant neglected frogspawn in my tank is looking promising. Half of the heads are showing some good extension, the other half are looking okay.

Along with the frogspawn I got a few frags of what are either hammer or torch. They are extending slightly but look like they could be a nice color.

I got another coral frag I don't know the name of but its looking a little rough. I'll try to get pics for an ID.

I also added two new fish a few days ago. A yellowtail damsel, who has been a model citizen but today looks like he got a huge gash on his side. Wonder what caused this... and a Highfin Fairy Wrasse. Pretty red thing. A little shy but eating very well.

Moved my scape around slightly to make room for the big frogspawn, in the process broke off the nice piece of monti I had growing in the top right. Going to trade it for a frag me thinks.

I'll snap a few photos when the tank is settled in after the moving of rocks. Thinking about getting rid of the big rock covered in xenia as well.

• Like 2

If that frog recovers......you'll have a beautiful piece. Tank looks great.

Thanks Jack!

I think 80% of the frog will make it. Im pumped about it!!

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

:) Thanks. Is it weird that I always think other peoples tanks are nicer than mine?

hell no! Lol like some people say my tank is getting legit but I feel like yours blows mine out the water?

That frogspawn is massive for $20!! Lol

hell no! Lol like some people say my tank is getting legit but I feel like yours blows mine out the water?

That frogspawn is massive for $20!! Lol

I know, i moved it one more time to a better position. When it's happy its gonna be awesome :)

Also,

I really like your tank :) your sand is so clear and clean.

Cencalfishguy56

I know, i moved it one more time to a better position. When it's happy its gonna be awesome :)

Also,

I really like your tank :) your sand is so clear and clean.

cant wait till it opens! lol I pride myself on keeping my sand clean! In my last tank I did a real shitty job at it and I had problems because of it

As some of you may know I will be upgrading from the 29 to a 65 in a few months. This raises a few questions for me.

I got a lead on some old "live" rock. It has been just sitting dead for some time. My question is, should I cure it in a seperate container and seed it with a piece of live rock? Or should I soak and boil or soak in some sort of solution and than add it all together with my exisiting stuff at the same time to the new tank?

When I moved from my 16g to the 29g i just saved as much tank water as possible, filled new tank with half new water, placed rock, coral, livestock in, and then old tank water and added small pieces of cured rock as needed.

So many ideas, which is correct?!?!

Looks beautiful

You can cure the new "dry rock" ahead of time to reduce your cycle.

This is what I did when I set up my first seahorse tank.

This is what I did when I set up my first seahorse tank.

Awesome. I think this is what i'll be doing. Managed to get all the rock I need for a few frags I already had done up. Woo

• Like 1