Coral Vue Hydros

Neowind's IM 25 Lagoon

neowind712

I recently moved and when I did I ended up selling my Pico reef tank and have been dying to get back into it again for a while now. When I seen the IM 25 Lagoon I was hooked instantly. Below is what I have currently purchased and then a list of things I need help deciding on from other Lagoon owners.

FTS 7/9/16

fulltank79small.jpg

FTS 4/28/16

fulllagoon1small.jpg

Current Setup:

IM Fusion 25 Lagoon Tank

30lbs Reef Cleaners Dry Rock

AI Prime LED lighting

Carib Sea Fiji Pink Reef Sand 20Lbs

Tunze USA 3152.000 Automatic Top off Nano

Jebao RW-4

IM MiniMax Reactor with Phosban and Carbon

100w Finnex Titanium Heater

Current Fish:

Starry Blenny

Two Green Striped Banded Goby's

Corals so far:

Hammer

Frogspawn

Duncan

Acan

Ricordea

Mushrooms

GSP

So as you can see I need a lot of help and I know I have come to the right place! I am going for a canyon style aquascape that I am currently trying to work out. So far this is my favorite setup so far, but I have only spend an hour or two working with it.

aqua1.JPG

aqua2.JPG

I am also working on a DIY stand and everything is going pretty good except for the doors. Still struggling with those, but here is what I got so far. Going to paint it black. Not sure if it is going to turn out or not. Woodworking is hard. But fingers crossed.

stand1.JPG

So any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. I have never setup an all dry rock setup before so that will be an adventure in itself. I am really looking forward to getting some water in the tank!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you will have shadowing issues with only one puck with a shallow 25. might want to check out nanobox duo/quad, ecotech radion 30.

i have my eye on wither another radion15 or a nanbox hybrid.

use the sicce that gph matches your tank specs.

sand, color depends on taste and looks of surroundings. and back wall color.

i like the negative space in the scape. having a power head on the side angled to move water on the rear will help with the dead spots as well.

I would like to add a skimmer some time in the future but not right off the bat. I am trying to get help right now on what type of heater that will fit in the back chamber of the lagoon so hopefully I can lock that down soon. It comes with two filter socks and I plan on putting Purigen and Carbon in those unless I see people have had better luck with other stuff.

Following along since I love 25's. :)

Personally i'd ditch the Hydor and grab a Jebao RW-4. You'd have to twist my arm to get me to use any sand other than Tropic Eden Reef Flakes nowadays...because I like lots of flow and this stuff doesn't move once settled.

Following along since I love 25's. :)

Personally i'd ditch the Hydor and grab a Jebao RW-4. You'd have to twist my arm to get me to use any sand other than Tropic Eden Reef Flakes nowadays...because I like lots of flow and this stuff doesn't move once settled.

You are totally right. For the price difference it looks like the Jebao RW-4 is way better. Thanks a ton for the suggestion. My biggest unknown at the moment is a heater.

Most use the Cobalt Neotherms because they are so small.

The RW's are great. You can push tons of flow if you want and you can control the waves...feed mode and such are nice. Far better than a standard powerhead.

Ordered my AI Prime light today and hopefully order the Tunze Osmelator also this weekend. I am trying to decide if I like Canyon or Caves aquascape better. What do you guys think?

Canyon

aqua1.JPG

Or Caves?

caves.JPG

What do you guys like better?

I decided to go Canyon as it reminds me of diving in the Eastern Caribbean. Finally got the tank setup today. DIY stand is finished and LET THE CYCLE begin :).

tankstand.JPG

aqua3.JPG

aqua4.JPG

So I hooked up the Tunze Nano ATO and I got my AI Prime installed. I am getting super weird rainbow/polka dot patterns from the AI Prime and have contacted them. I started a post in the general forum to see if anyone else had this issue or not. So hopefully I get that straightened out. Tunze Nano ATO works like a champ. Very easy to setup and install.

ai.JPG

I had my buddy come over that has two AI Primes and apparently this is just normal with the AI light and water agitation.

Looks great, almost the same spec/setup I will be going for.

On my previous tank with Radions I also had the rainbow effect; have you tried raising/lowering the height of the light ?

I did try messing with the height of the light with no major changes. 7 Days of ghost feeding and 0 ammonia 0 nitrites and 0 nitrates. I decided to go ahead and throw a dead shrimp in to see if I can get some ammonia going. I am super allergic to shrimp though so hopefully it doesn't get in the air.

I decided to go ahead and throw a dead shrimp in to see if I can get some ammonia going. I am super allergic to shrimp...

sounds legit...

Anyone know if you can adjust the flow on the stock pump that comes with the IM Lagoon? My flow seems very weak. I may have accidentally adjusted it without knowing.

Elizabeth94

It is interesting that you have that rainbow effect. I don't have any with my prime light and consider my tank to have decent surface agitation. However, I also run my reds and greens at like 5%.

Anyone know if you can adjust the flow on the stock pump that comes with the IM Lagoon? My flow seems very weak. I may have accidentally adjusted it without knowing.

I don't think you can. The stock one is not very powerful though. I'd have replaced mine already but the RW-4's I have move water like crazy.

I don't think you can. The stock one is not very powerful though. I'd have replaced mine already but the RW-4's I have move water like crazy.

Good to know. I am have RW-4 coming this week. What setting are you running yours on?

Good news 0 Ammonia, 1.5 Nitrite, 10 Nitrate. Cycle coming along nicely.

fulltanklagoon.JPG

Archived