Innovative Marine Aquariums

4.2 AIO arrived! Now what?

uwharrie

The 4.2 I ordered from Micro-Reef LLC arrived today. Not sure what I want to do with it. Had thought about a RFA only tank or perhaps a Zoa tank.

I am open to suggestions.

Also can anyone direct me to a lighting source? I purchased a razor nano 60w

from another forum member but I think it will be overkill.

I think a zoa tank would be pretty awesome. RFA tank would be cool too but I've seen some get pretty damn big. One of the lfs I frequent has one that is easily 5 inches across. As far as lighting, the razor should be fine if you don't crank it up too high

Would love to see any examples folks may have of this tank or simular set up. It appears all previous post on it are gone.

There are a few on here that have that tank but you might be better off looking at tanks of similar dims like the aqueon evolve 4 or IM nuvo 4 gallon for ideas

Thanks!

There are a few on here that have that tank but you might be better off looking at tanks of similar dims like the aqueon evolve 4 or IM nuvo 4 gallon for ideas

The cadlights 4 gallon is another you could look at for ideas. There was one on here that looked really nice but I can't recall who had it at up

I say go with a zoanthid tank for that size. I'm working on a new zoanthid tank myself and I'm using an ai prime light fixture... For the money it can't be beat in my opinion. Sorry my tank isn't the same as yours but a sumped deep blue 7.5 gallon 12 inch cube.

post-52163-0-17835100-1455939179_thumb.jpeg

• 7 months later...

I finally got around to attempting a set up. Only to find ther is no way to attach the pump to the outlet. Anyone with a 4.2 that can offer a suggestion?

Are you using the stock return pump it came with? If you are missing the 90 barb, take the bulk head off and take it to the local fish store and try and find a piece that will work for your return

Are you using the stock return pump it came with? If you are missing the 90 barb, take the bulk head off and take it to the local fish store and try and find a piece that will work for your return

Yes the stock. Not sure what the 90 barb is. I guess I could lay out all the pieces that came with the box and see if anyone can give me a suggestion. I tried fitting all the pieces together one by one and could never get a match.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Here are all the parts ( well the pump is not pictured) I know the largest elbow go to the outlet on the tank. but what of this assortment can attach it to the pump? nothing fits tightly at all. And of course I have no extra hose around here and my LFS is well over a hour away

Tried to fiddle with it some more. Only to find out I cant even fit the pump in the chamber. Anyone have photos of the back of this tank set up? I have messaged Mike but got no answer

edited to add looks like the pump that was sent with the kit is the one for the 8 gal not the 4.2. Oh well hope Mike gets back to me. I guess that is what I get for waiting 8 months to set it up. Of course now I have a nice chunk of live rock and several pounds of sand from my biocube sitting in a bucket waiting for the 4.2! UGH!

Mine came with a mini jet 303 for a return. Mune did not come with all of those fittings.

Sounds kinda weird but will that 90 barb fitting slide into the Bulkhead? Is the Bulkhead slip×slip or is it slip×thread?

Thanks, I made a trip to the LFS yesterday to get a pump. Had live rock and sand from the BC29 that needed to be used

If you can't get a hold of Mike. Hit me up and I can sell you my pump and return line.

Tank is now set up. Have the Maxspect RAZOR Nano sitting on top right now. Trying to decide if I want to mount to the tank ( will have to cut the tank top) or mount to the wall above. Next to decide what to put in the tank stock wise

Up and running! Now to give it some time to make sure it does not go thru a cycle and then what to put in it. I thought about dwarf seahorses but I think I am still too novice for them/ May go RFA/ Zoas

IMG_1200.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived