ReefCleaners.org

Sancho's old ass Solana sprung a leak

Sancho

righttirefire

I don't make union welder scratch, I live in one of the most expensive cities and have 2 money sucking parasites living here. I reef on a budget :lol:

Go work for spectra. Lol...

I don't make union welder scratch, I live in one of the most expensive cities and have 2 money sucking parasites living here. I reef on a budget :lol:

I don't either Unions Suck!!!!!! ;)

Go work for spectra. Lol...

I don't hire remember........

• 2 months later...

The tank was overtaken by GHA. I tried everything. Ive been dosing Viibrant weekly massive water changes, manually removing the GHA, scrubbed the rock. ran a reactor, used PhosGaurd Nothing worked. I would get the tank clean of this shit and it would be back 2 fold in 48 hours. I've been debating taking the tank down. I suspect the rock is leaching phosphates. The GHA really only grew on the rock didnt see much in the sand or on the back wall. A fellow nano reefer donated a box of rock to help with the reboot. It arrived at a bad time and I used 3 choice pieces in my newish 20 long. The rest of the box is curing in a tub in the garage. My 2 Lobos were being overtaken and one started receding flesh. So I tore the tank down last week moved the 6 line to the 20 cleaned and h20 dipped the lobos and also transferred them to the 20. I stopped taking pictures of the tank in its down spiral. but this is basically how it looked before I started the reboot.B6353333-C09B-4AB3-86EB-ACBF8260E77A_zps

Better gha than ba. My tank is getting over run with it. I Put a few emeralds in and they seem to have made it worse. I've been manually removing as much as I can with a stiff tube and syphon every week. At the point of wanting a reboot myself.

11 years to the day the tank busted a seam :mellow: Got a call from the wife while at work she said water is pissing out of the side of the tank. Thankfully she was home and was able to shut everything down and siphon the water down below the leak. Left work and spent my lunch tearing the tank down, I put the frogspawn and a couple of the shrooms in my 20. Everything else went into a bucket and was donated to the LFS. 15 giant green hairy shrooms a GBTA and a mated pair of tomato clowns. Nothing high dollar but still sucks however i just looked on the interweb and found that medium sized green hairy shrooms are selling for $25-$49 FML low end on the ebay would have netted me $375. Oh well hopefully the clowns go to a good home.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • 5 weeks later...

Sorry to hear this.  One of those 'reefer's worst nightmares' things...

As mentioned, could have been a lot worse if no one was at home.  Any plans to restart...or going to chill for a while?