Top Shelf Aquatics

Evo 13.5 - Sexys Finally Found!

FlamingPrawn

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reeferbrownies

just look at whatever colors you like, you can fit certain types of killifish (one pair) into a 3 gallon.

http://aka.org/beginner/

Thats a good guide to get started

Basically if you can get a pair of non annual, colorful fish that can live in three gallons and can live around the hardness of your water itll be good

just look at whatever colors you like, you can fit certain types of killifish (one pair) into a 3 gallon.

http://aka.org/beginner/

Thats a good guide to get started

Basically if you can get a pair of non annual, colorful fish that can live in three gallons and can live around the hardness of your water itll be good

I'll def check out that site :) Don't Killis have a really short lifespan? :(

Also took some top down shots I guess I can share...

evBF7NPl.jpg7bvED5gl.jpgisRmZQal.jpg3oYuBaPl.jpgmADe02Tl.jpg

reeferbrownies

There are two types of killies, annual and non annual.

Annual Killies like in seasonal ponds/ puddles, they lay eggs before the puddle dries in the dirt, they then die and the eggs incubate until the next rain season when they hatch out into that pond/puddle. Lifespans for these are usually shorter than non annuals.

Non annuals live in bodies of water that don't dry out, their lifespans are longer

There are two types of killies, annual and non annual.

Annual Killies like in seasonal ponds/ puddles, they lay eggs before the puddle dries in the dirt, they then die and the eggs incubate until the next rain season when they hatch out into that pond/puddle. Lifespans for these are usually shorter than non annuals.

Non annuals live in bodies of water that don't dry out, their lifespans are longer

So I'll look for non-annuals lol. I'm actually gonna start looking for an AC filter and heater to fit in the 3 gallon.

FlamingPrawn

Reeferbrownies thanks for tuning in today during the live sale! I may or may not have bought number #65... Couldn't pass up the Alveopora. Also if anyone else is curious check out our Live Sale we had today at TidalGardens.com! I do the video work so give us a like!

FlamingPrawn

ah, clowns chasing kids on alpacas while drag racing, just your normal live sale :D

It was a weird one for sure. Could you guys hear the sounds?! I sadly won't be there for the Halloween show :( We have our annual Masquerade Ball we attend.

FlamingPrawn

Woah. Killis look cool. I've got this in the mail: https://getecoqube.com/products/ecoqube-c

I may pick a couple up from them.

Do all the killi's have the same requirements, or are some better suited for a smaller aquarium?

You got one of these?! Lucky! I thought about it when I started seeing them on facebook! How do you like it?

I purchased the Evo 13.5 this week. Has the new pump substantially helped the flow in the tank? I find the stock one a bit weak also.

FlamingPrawn

I purchased the Evo 13.5 this week. Has the new pump substantially helped the flow in the tank? I find the stock one a bit weak also.

I really like the pump! I don't have to run any other powerheads and just kept any coral that needs high flow up higher in the tank. It fits good enough I can still have my finnex heater in that compartment with no issues.

Good to know. Mine is still cycling but after have tanks in the past I was suspect as to how well it would do. I'm also wondering whether I'll eventually need a skimmer. I suppose that a new pump would help the filtration due to simply moving more water through the media. Time will tell I guess.

FlamingPrawn

Good to know. Mine is still cycling but after have tanks in the past I was suspect as to how well it would do. I'm also wondering whether I'll eventually need a skimmer. I suppose that a new pump would help the filtration due to simply moving more water through the media. Time will tell I guess.

My Mame Skimmer actually arrived today (Thanks Metro!) and will be in the first section. Still using the sponge with CPE and Purigen in the middle.

Installed the Mame late last night. Using a Whisper 40 for the airpump. I'm having a hard time deciphering these instructions... how deep should the skimmer be at? Or more so, at what level in the skimmer tube do i want the bubbles up to?

It depends one how thick or thin you want your skimmate. If you want it light keep it right at the area where the neck starts to thin darker below that.

Takes a little while to tune in for sure

It depends one how thick or thin you want your skimmate. If you want it light keep it right at the area where the neck starts to thin darker below that.

Takes a little while to tune in for sure

Ok I have it right at the neck now.. But it's going to fluctuate quite a bit until I get this ATO hooked up :/ didn't think about that.

reeferbrownies

Woah. Killis look cool. I've got this in the mail: https://getecoqube.com/products/ecoqube-c

I may pick a couple up from them.

Do all the killi's have the same requirements, or are some better suited for a smaller aquarium?

depending on the type there are different requirements,

some of the larger species like fundulopanchax sojoestidi are more suited for a 10 gallon while the smaller fundulopanchax gardneri can be in a 3 gallon. But largest tank you might go is 20 gallon for a group of certain killies

really depends but you could probably fit some types in

Installed the Mame late last night. Using a Whisper 40 for the airpump. I'm having a hard time deciphering these instructions... how deep should the skimmer be at? Or more so, at what level in the skimmer tube do i want the bubbles up to?

ooooo mames are sooo pretty

Finally found some Sexies. Sadly I only found 2 females :( Still need to locate a male. They went straight for the frogspawn. Didn't know they could host it?? Thought them were limited to anemones???

M54peiDh.jpg

pappadumplingz

Would you believe I only paid $25 for him :happydance: I've never had luck with BTA's due to lighting issues... so this is a test but i'm sure the Tide will do its job. I'm trying to catch up to some other (who shall not be named) reefer who got featured on your facebook page ;)

YOU ONLY PAID $25. That is way to cheap, you lucked out!

Archived