Cultivated Reef

Evo 13.5 - Sexys Finally Found!

FlamingPrawn

FlamingPrawn

Love to see some life in the tank! I am curious how the other light works since im running stock on mine. My softies are loving the light so far. hammer, duncan, xenia, and acan all soaking it up. gotta post a pic of the clowns out and about

I'm still hesitant about this stock light. Especially since it can't go on a timer. I've also upgraded the return pump to a Lifegard 800.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlamingPrawn

So... Dave finally got my Nanobox to repair... Thought I lost it for good. Stupid me threw away the tracking # after I saw it said delivered. Guess I typed the address wrong! Thanks dave for finding it!

So... Dave finally got my Nanobox to repair... Thought I lost it for good. Stupid me threw away the tracking # after I saw it said delivered. Guess I typed the address wrong! Thanks dave for finding it!

Oh man, I would be devastated ::( I'm so glad he found it!

FlamingPrawn

Oh man, I would be devastated : :( I'm so glad he found it!

I died a little when he told me it didn't arrive... Just a deep sickening feeling. But all is well and hopefully it'll be back in my hands soon. I do need to find a new glass top ASAP

Shipment came today... I'll try to get pictures in the next couple days once everything settles

2 x Ultra Rock Flower Anemones

1 X Ultra Chalic (Looks like a Lava)

1 X Purple/Green Acan Lord

The clowns are doing well... evil little things.

reeferbrownies

Ooo Tidal Gardens.. I love the youtube channel, always think about ordering but I'm on a pretty tight budget and will need to save up, one day though, one day...

every single bonsai ive had ive killed, looks like your having better luck

The Dwarf Jades are damn near indestructible. I've pretty much cut them down to nothing and they always come back. The fukien is being a little temperamental. I think its because it came from Florida to Ohio... big change in environment.

Well that might be something to go for, ive always liked junipers but they dont like me

I want a juniper SO BAD. I'm an instant gratification person... and Junipers are so ridiculously slow. I need to get a ficus but I'm too picky. Actually just got finished loosening up the soil on the three plants & fertilizing. :)

On another note... I'm having a first time problem with this Evo. It looks super cloudy and I'm cleaning the glass like twice a day. I'm running Purigen, Chemipure Elite, filter floss, carbon, and the sponger so I'm struggling to understand why it's so cloudy :(

On another note... I'm having a first time problem with this Evo. It looks super cloudy and I'm cleaning the glass like twice a day. I'm running Purigen, Chemipure Elite, filter floss, carbon, and the sponger so I'm struggling to understand why it's so cloudy :(

why u running both chemipure and carbon?? Are corals doing fine?

why u running both chemipure and carbon?? Are corals doing fine?

everything is still only been in the tank for about a week. The frogspawn has never fully expanded. I don't think i've found its best placement yet... The acans look great though and the chalice is well.. a chalice. not bleached

So I did a quick investigation. the Sponge was GROSS...I took out the ceramic rings and carbon bag. Put the CPE and Purigen in it. Also replaced the return nozzle with a spinstream. Now I just wait to see how it does?

Picked up some more nassarius, turbo's, and a tiger sand conch to see if they'll help with the sand bed. Also the RFA's are finally eating and settling in. I hope they start to spread out instead of being in a cramped spot.

Also picked up this Mugo Pine for $4.99 to had to get it. Before and after pictures!

aR0O2lal.jpgQmLHYI7l.jpg

ooo nice bonsai :)

Also I see Tidal Gardens is getting some clams in

anything other Derasa in the near future?

Last time I was there... there's so Maxima's but no Croceas. I'll see if we can get some posted.

I'm thinking about getting the Evo tank. Where did you get yours and cost?

How does the spin stream work? No extra power head in the tank? How many pounds of sand did you use? Is the glass standard or low iron? Haven't seen that stat yet.

sorry for all the questions!

How does the spin stream work? No extra power head in the tank? How many pounds of sand did you use? Is the glass standard or low iron? Haven't seen that stat yet.

Actually look the spinstream off today and put the nozzles back on. I don't have any other powerhead in the tank at this time; I did upgrade the return pump which is on page 1. Uhm i honestly didn't measure sand haha. Just poured in until I got it to the point I wanted it at. Glass... no idea haha

standard glass as far as I know. Retails for $169.99.

Mini Tide returned today! Woo. Settings are Channel 1 - 170, Channel 2 - 110. Since getting it back there's some new power outlet coming out of the power module which I'm guessing is for the fan... Need to find another outlet. Here's the current FTS

mvf3wgJh.jpg

Archived