Coral Vue Hydros

Evo 13.5 - Sexys Finally Found!

FlamingPrawn

Love my fur babies :) They're terrors though. Especially the little one.

Haha yeah our male is a terror! Our female is so easy compared to him

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlamingPrawn

Haha yeah our male is a terror! Our female is so easy compared to him

well we need pictures

well we need pictures

Our female Piper on the left and Loki our male on the right

D7C471A7-F1E5-421A-B012-0C176ACA29FA_zps

Them again with my oldest son

BCD1CA13-FAF3-4831-BA33-D2F656AA4700_zps

I thought I was following your tank already, but now I am! It's looking good, and the dogs are beautiful, too :)

FlamingPrawn

I thought I was following your tank already, but now I am! It's looking good, and the dogs are beautiful, too :)

I appreciate it Teeny :) You've heard it many times before but you're the reason I went with the CAD4. Turning out to LOVE this tank now that its stable.

• 2 months later...
FlamingPrawn

So caved in and purchased a new Evo 12 special order... Below are some pictures and my overall thoughts.

1. The design is pretty awesome

2. I wish they would've kept the top the frosted top & not put the honeycomb around the top

3. The light is VERY bright. I hope it has the potential to grow some coral

4. Again with the light, it sucks you can't control the spectrum any other way beside the touch...

5. The back compartment is very big; I need InTank to make a media basket and find a mame skimmer

6. The return pump may be a little weak, can't seem to find that its GPH is.

Now if the light is not sufficient, I will be keeping my Mini Tide on standby just in case ;) I'm overall happy with my rock work. Has a lot of negative swimming space and sanded for some nice rock anemones or favias or something. Now, picture time!

fdR041eh.jpg

KwbLdbWh.jpg

CuvzUS2h.jpg

OwVdhQah.jpg

fldqzhah.jpg

FlamingPrawn

Thanks it's growing on me everyday! Threw in a sacrificial damsel today so we'll see what happens. I think I'm going to have to upgrade the return pump and find a media basket. Sadly it's so new I'm struggling to find stuff

FlamingPrawn

So in case people need it... return pump is 132gph. Still not too sure about the light but hitting the diatom phase so it was time to add my sacrificial yellow-tail damsel. I think 100% i'll be switching back to my mini tide. Just need someone to make a custom glass top so I can buy it ;)

So in case people need it... return pump is 132gph. Still not too sure about the light but hitting the diatom phase so it was time to add my sacrificial yellow-tail damsel. I think 100% i'll be switching back to my mini tide. Just need someone to make a custom glass top so I can buy it ;)

Is there a lip to the tank? i have a glass guy that would cut a top if you need it. Can just rest it on the lip and add a handle or 2

FlamingPrawn

Is there a lip to the tank? i have a glass guy that would cut a top if you need it. Can just rest it on the lip and add a handle or 2

no lip. Was thinking about buying the plastic clips that come with the IM tanks. Just get 4, one for each side.

FlamingPrawn

So I ditched the Fluval light today and went back to my mini tide. Settings are 225 on White and 125 and blue. Still trying to gauge what the light needs to be at but that'll have to wait.

FcoWdtah.jpg

QqNW7XNh.jpg

3rQQ4JXh.jpg

FlamingPrawn

i would guess the length?

9". I'm assuming a 15" would give me better coverage eh? The fan is kinda loud so maybe I send it back to Dave for an upgrade ;)

FlamingPrawn

So big shout out to Ninja! Finally got rid of the fugly honeycomb. I also had to send back my Mini Tide for a gooseneck upgrade and a fan fix.. might have to cave in and get a wood cover just to watch the office

FlamingPrawn

So i'll be short and sweet. They're here! I also had to ship back the Mini tide to Dave... get a longer gooseneck and fan replaced so it'll work with the Evo 13.5. Thanks Ninja for recommending the longer gooseneck. I think it'll help out a ton!

IN9c7aAh.jpg

FlamingPrawn

nice clowns!

They came in a little on the small side. But I hope they make it. Dustin did a great job with shipping though I'll give him that :) Anyone local to Ohio I recommend Labo's Aquatics. $20 shipping inside Ohio

Cencalfishguy56

They came in a little on the small side. But I hope they make it. Dustin did a great job with shipping though I'll give him that :) Anyone local to Ohio I recommend Labo's Aquatics. $20 shipping inside Ohio

nice! This thing is looking sweeter and sweeter
FlamingPrawn

nice! This thing is looking sweeter and sweeter

Need to get some movement and color in the tank ;) Just worried this stock light can't cut it... I'll try throwing in some softies hopefully this weekend. Maybe some mushrooms or zoas

Need to get some movement and color in the tank ;) Just worried this stock light can't cut it... I'll try throwing in some softies hopefully this weekend. Maybe some mushrooms or zoas

the stock light will be good enough for mushrooms and zoas. probably good to start with stock light so when your nanobox comes back, you will appreciate it even more...hahaha

FlamingPrawn

the stock light will be good enough for mushrooms and zoas. probably good to start with stock light so when your nanobox comes back, you will appreciate it even more...hahaha

I already miss it! It said it got delivered to Dave... i know he's super busy so idk if he's got to it or not :(

Love to see some life in the tank! I am curious how the other light works since im running stock on mine. My softies are loving the light so far. hammer, duncan, xenia, and acan all soaking it up. gotta post a pic of the clowns out and about

Archived