Innovative Marine Aquariums

Any ideas on type of coral?

Oneslowsaleen

Oneslowsaleen

I got this frag from salt critters at the 6.66$ sale , I have no idea what it is . It doesn't expand his polyps until lights are out . I feed the tank photo feast which I'm assuming it is eating cause he seems to be doing really well.

post-88869-0-00589900-1455402544_thumb.jpeg

post-88869-0-21559300-1455402555_thumb.jpeg

Oneslowsaleen

The one to the right is a fat head dendritic, the fuzzy carrot was the one I was talking about thank you. It's one of my favorites in my tank .

Never seen or heard of a Fuzzy Carrot Coral before, but that sure is an apt name for it! I like NPS coral, I might have to find one to add to my NPS collection. :)

Ugh, I don't want to think about Carrot Top. Have you seen him now that he started body building? He looks terrifying...

I did some digging and found that Reef Builders ha done a post about these corals a few years ago. Here is the link and here is the cool picture they posted:

eleutherobia.jpg

I saw him in real life in Vegas, he performs at the Luxor hotel. He's beyond words and not in a good way.

Ugh, I don't want to think about Carrot Top. Have you seen him now that he started body building? He looks terrifying...

Balls, I just googled images of Carrot Top and unfortunately I cannot un-see them.

Balls, I just googled images of Carrot Top and unfortunately I cannot un-see them.

It's kind of like the seeing equivalent of fingernails on a chalk board...

I did some digging and found that Reef Builders ha done a post about these corals a few years ago. Here is the link and here is the cool picture they posted:

eleutherobia.jpg

I love it! it's a saltwater dandelion! That's a great link.

Archived