Cultivated Reef

The Most Expensive Clownfish...

basser1

Hey gang, just messing around on e-bay tonight, nothin' on TV. I was looking at their selection of fish available and came across this clownfish and I nearly choked on my popcorn when I saw the price!

It's a beautiful fish, but OMG! Nearly $9,000 dollars??

WOW! Wahtcha think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PeaceKeeper-Maroon-003-LIVE-clownfish-RARE-WYSIWYG-nemo-coral-saltwater-aquarium/121843039396?_trksid=p2050601.c100085.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211132617%26meid%3Dff526d5e1b624a3db95da1e252925c01%26pid%3D100085%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D121843039396%26clkid%3D3235195119056897615&_qi=RTM2247625

I fear I have no love for these 'designer' clowns, and this one is one of the ugliest I've seen lol.

What happens when the bugger jumps and you find $9k dried up on your carpet.................

• Like 7

I think it's maybe under $100 beautiful, but beautiful none the less. It reminds me of a Betta for some reason. Just like someone said, what if it jumps out, or gets a disease. I can't see spending thousands on a fish. That is unless you are rich and have money to throw away. I do think it's beautiful. That red really pops.

Yea I don't get the price tags on these clownfish. I like pederson. he's a great guy but the price tags on those lightning maroons is outrageous. Though i'm not really a clown fan to begin with.

• Like 1

it's a maroon, it'll #### up everything in your tank including your hand. do people just really just get so excited over degenerate fish that they forget what assholes they're actually purchasing?

• Like 2

I love my Black Ice snowflakes, but I also got them from a local reefer where I buy all my coral for the cheap. If it wasn't for paying basically the same as a pair of true ocellaris I would not own a designer fish.

Yea I don't get the price tags on these clownfish. I like pederson. he's a great guy but the price tags on those lightning maroons is outrageous. Though i'm not really a clown fan to begin with.

??? What does this fish have to do with the price of lightnings or Matt?

This fish is uglier than sin imo-not really a fan of most designer clowns either.

• Like 1

??? What does this fish have to do with the price of lightnings or Matt?

This fish is uglier than sin imo-not really a fan of most designer clowns either.

Expensive clows, what this thread is about. Not sure what was confusing about that. Some lightning maroons go for 10k +