Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lumia 5.2 questions

andru1313

So I have been running my Lumia's for over a year. Have yet to figure out the secret sauce.. I have a RSM 250. I retrofitted 2 Lumia 5.2's in my hood running off a bluefish controller. I have a reef tank with mostly LPS and Torch coral... I have 2 clowns and a wrasse..

I will post pics of how i have my tank set up and my bluefish settings. Looking for some feedback. I have issues getting coral growth and I have a few chalices one is very unhappy. My water parameters are pretty solid and have been consistent.

8.4 PH
450 Calcium
10.4 alk
1280 Mag
No traceable nitrates andPhosphates...

1.026 salinity

Should I have gone with more Lumia's? When I was doing my build was advised that 2 would be enough.. To see if maybe I was running to intense of lighting I have almost shut off my white led's. So almost no white led's during any lighting cycle. Things just don't seem to stay happy in the tank and slowly go down hill. I spot feed the corals 2-3 times a week and they do seem to eat just seem to lose vibrance and never grow...... Stumped ....

690F0D32-ED9C-461C-8D39-D55F906AE06E_zps

08209122-496B-4756-A755-3DE14ACD7BC7_zps

85C28890-0D22-4418-89A4-AFE5177E54D9_zps

Bluefish Settings

Lighting ramp

2184FD34-3A47-45ED-A714-E7B3F524B5C8_zps

Midday settings

F2457043-2497-440E-BEE3-599BF8BBF767_zps

If nothing is bleaching too much light isn't the issue.

Since its lps maybe feed a little heavier and see if the additional nutrients help. Lps corals, ime, like the water just a little dirty.

If nothing is bleaching too much light isn't the issue.

Since its lps maybe feed a little heavier and see if the additional nutrients help. Lps corals, ime, like the water just a little dirty.

I had one torch bleach a bit and my one chalice is just not happy. Will post some pics of both. Hence why I dialed back the white leds to almost nothing.

Still not sure if the 2 Lumias are enough wish I had a par meter....

At the bottom of this chalice is where i have been having issues

A9C1FEA6-CECC-473B-93BD-C1A3262E2A60_zps

and this torch got bleached...

CCA87F7E-EE9D-43FA-8817-4E43433602E2_zps

That torch looks a little brown, any chance you got it from someone with lower light then you and it's just bleached in reaction to your brighter lights?

Do you have algae issues? How often do you need to clean your glass? In my experience 0 nitrate and phosphate is not good unless everything is looking healthy.

That torch looks a little brown, any chance you got it from someone with lower light then you and it's just bleached in reaction to your brighter lights?

Do you have algae issues? How often do you need to clean your glass? In my experience 0 nitrate and phosphate is not good unless everything is looking healthy.

Torch is gold just looks brown under theLEDs.. Its a golden torch so it ended up bleaching white on the ends. I have no real algae issues I have removed a unit of chemipure to see if the bioload will increase for a bit more of "dirty" water... But for the most part my other torches and hammers and frogspawns look good. Not any major growth but no bleaching

There is a very real chance you are running too clean with that bioload for LPS. Your light should be the issue for LPS. I'd recommend four of them if you were going for an SPS tank, but for an LPS tank that shouldn't be an issue. I will say that the issue with your chalice is NOT light related. Too little light and it will brown out. Too much light and it'll bleach. It could be stung by another coral or it could be unhappy with how clean the water is. Get some more fish poop in your tank.

There is a very real chance you are running too clean with that bioload for LPS. Your light should be the issue for LPS. I'd recommend four of them if you were going for an SPS tank, but for an LPS tank that shouldn't be an issue. I will say that the issue with your chalice is NOT light related. Too little light and it will brown out. Too much light and it'll bleach. It could be stung by another coral or it could be unhappy with how clean the water is. Get some more fish poop in your tank.

Thanks. I just added another fish.. Don't want to do anything to quick either since i might make it much worse to quick. IDK just frustrating at times. Par for the course right.

Archived