Cultivated Reef

Slowtwitch's Not So Nano

Slowtwitch

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Family is good. Moody teenagers aside.

Fighting off a cold with hot toddies tonite. Thank God for whiskey honey and lemon. Been working too many hours around sick people.

Sorry to hear about the tank woes. Hope it straightens itself out soon. Livestock doing ok?

Pretty sure whiskey cures anything....maybe I'll dump a shot in the tank :^ )

Glad all is well....I'll check in and see the progress!

May be precipitating out - Red Sea Coral Pro REALLY supersaturates calcium and alk. I would personally stick with the normal Red Sea (blue bucket) instead of the pro, as it has closer to NSW levels and doesn't precipitate out. I use it because it mixes so damned quick. I don't plan water changes or any of that shit, so when I need water, I pretty much need it right then, and IO takes much, much longer for the ammonia to dissipate.

Ya, I think you're right.

Woodford reserve. Double oaked. Yumm.

I toured the makers mark distillery a few years ago. Pretty cool place. Got to dip my hands in the fermentation vats.

Yes, so did I. It was such a cute place. Hard to believe like 90% of all the whiskey is made in KY. Yeah, my husband and I toured and I wanted to open the bottle, he always said save it for a special occasion, but wouldn't let me open it when I asked. So, when I bought my house. I opened it with my parents in memory of Don. In that time, about 4 yrs later, the red wax was crunchy when I took it off, not soft like plastic/rubber. In his early work years he was a master dental technician. He hadn't worked for like 12 yrs in it, knew I needed two teeth done so he asked my dentist for the specs and went to a friend's lab, save me a lab fee, and damn it, if he didn't have folks watching over his shoulder as he was making my crowns, he made it look so easy, applying many porcelains to make them natural. Nowadays I've had them make them in the office with their little fancy machine and they never, EVER, fit right. At least I have 2 good teeth. : ). He'll always be a part of me, as you can tell.

Nice set up! I am getting all the stuff together for a 120. I bought the maxSpect Gyre xf150 myself. I read a lot of positive reviews but have yet to test them out. How are you liking them so far?

Nice set up! I am getting all the stuff together for a 120. I bought the maxSpect Gyre xf150 myself. I read a lot of positive reviews but have yet to test them out. How are you liking them so far?

So far I really like them. Very unobtrusive where I placed them and they move a ton of water. Time will tell how the fish and corals will like them.

Thanks. I played with that dumb pile of rocks for a long time before I got structures I liked. Mortared them together and put them in tubs to cook whole cause I knew I'd never be able to replicate them in the tank...lol

Smart man. ;)

It looks really awesome man.

This is awesome! Congrats on the big salty tank :happydance:.

Thanks Gena, glad you found us here. Can't wait to see that big pink brain in this monster. I hope it gets HUGE!

Thanks Gena, glad you found us here. Can't wait to see that big pink brain in this monster. I hope it gets HUGE!

It's going in there????? :wub: Darn it...now you'll never need to sell it LOL. Can't wait to see it get huge!!!! :happydance:

All of us with coral that will soon outgrow our small nanos can ship them off to you LOL.

It's going in there????? :wub: Darn it...now you'll never need to sell it LOL. Can't wait to see it get huge!!!! :happydance:

All of us with coral that will soon outgrow our small nanos can ship them off to you LOL.

DO IT! Saves me a bunch of money that way. :lol: I hope that I can get a bouquet of your trumpets in there soon.

DO IT! Saves me a bunch of money that way. :lol: I hope that I can get a bouquet of your trumpets in there soon.

My fox coral has your name on it ;).

And of course.....I am your trumpet hook up!

So far I really like them. Very unobtrusive where I placed them and they move a ton of water. Time will tell how the fish and corals will like them.

That was one of the things I liked about them. no powerheads sticking out. I am hope that one will do the trick for my 120.

That was one of the things I liked about them. no powerheads sticking out. I am hope that one will do the trick for my 120.

I would bet that it will depending on placement.

My fox coral has your name on it ;).

And of course.....I am your trumpet hook up!

Don't joke around about that. I love that piece in your tank. As soon as the weather breaks I'll hit you up for the trumpets.

Don't joke around about that. I love that piece in your tank. As soon as the weather breaks I'll hit you up for the trumpets.

I swear I am completely serious! I would LOVE to see it in your ginormous show tank :). When it outgrows mine I'm sending it your way!

I swear I am completely serious! I would LOVE to see it in your ginormous show tank :). When it outgrows mine I'm sending it your way!

♡♡♡♡♡

A couple of new shots I took yesterday after the water had cleared. omgomgomg

3oIWIwd.jpg

mbwXgdf.jpg

hrk63h4.jpg

FuVINxa.jpg

Sheetrock is going on and then paint and trim. Hope this thing cycles fast. fingerscrossed

Looking good twitch :)

Wow! I love your new office tank, its going to be great! I have been on vacation so I am only now just seeing it but that is such a big improvement from what the office had when you first bought it.

Diatoms growing on sand and rock. Leaving tonite for a long weekend with the kids to visit my Mom in Lake Havasu, so by the time I get back I should be able to start moving some things into this beast. Good thing too, two orders of new livestock are due to arrive by the end of next week. :happydance:omgomgomg

Archived