Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

Tank looks really good young harold! What is your lighting schedule?

Thanks Braaap! Heres my Apex schedule

ATI_2Bulb: If Time 13:30 to 22:30 Then ON (9 Hour blues)

ATI_4Bulb:If Time 14:30 to 21:30 Then ON (7 Hour daylight)

ATI_Fans: If Time 13:25 to 22:35 Then ON

• Like 2

Wow,everything looks absolutely amazing !!! Those sps are absolutely killllller !!

Thanks ReefKid!

Looking good Harry

Thanks

Damn everything is looking killer!! I need to start filling in my reefer already, shipping any frags ;)

Ill start filling up a rack! God, I have three in this tank already :wacko:

It looks great, Harry! You're getting into the TOTM zone, I'd say :)

I love how the acros are encrusting over the entire frag rack :D

Thanks Teeny! Yeah, I don't know what to do about that. I was thinking of when I eventually figure out where to mount some of that stuff I can use pliers to get it off and see if the encrustment will branch in time. That would be neat!

What are you feeding young Harold?

Erm...

Mysis every 2 or 3 days

Big pinches of reef roids when I do mysis

Random squirts of chemicals I have lying around- off the top of my head ESV transition elements, Kent Potassium, and some others.

Nothing on schedule and no testing anymore, but it looks better than when I was chasing numbers. Hell I haven't checked my doser in 6 months, I wonder if its keeping up with the Ca/Alk! :blink:

• Like 3

New page!IMG_0001_zpslhsdhlqw.jpgIMG_0002_zps8sinua5g.jpgIMG_0003_zpsjzza2g2g.jpgIMG_0013_zpsql8eoa12.jpgIMG_0016_zps9mpatmpj.jpgIMG_0015_zpscqvetcb2.jpgIMG_0019_zpsxiezql2b.jpgIMG_0018_zpsjhu5vdde.jpgIMG_0025_zps1ggoubvk.jpgIMG_0022_zps8a1kblrj.jpgIMG_0021_zpsnp0zymhx.jpgIMG_0026_zpsvezklcp6.jpgIMG_0040_zpslhk3wcl8.jpgIMG_0038_zpsochvq5ec.jpgIMG_0039_zps20ohoxtl.jpgIMG_0042_zpswf3k3v23.jpgIMG_0051_zpskadpcbwv.jpgIMG_0029_zpsev0lbbwv.jpgIMG_0027_zpsrwhlrb3e.jpgIMG_0031_zpstnoo41zf.jpgIMG_0032_zps7uk9xt1d.jpgIMG_0044_zpsc07qju3r.jpgIMG_0045_zpshavmgxzp.jpgIMG_0050_zpsvx7pwdgt.jpgIMG_0048_zpsbio4vql5.jpgIMG_0012_zpsifzsci4t.jpgIMG_0017_zpsyccwhzsg.jpgIMG_0005_zpsxwsqc6fj.jpgIMG_0006_zpsocntjgdu.jpgIMG_0052_zpsugycufni.jpgIMG_0053_zpsymz8qcyk.jpg

It looks great, Harry! You're getting into the TOTM zone, I'd say :)

I love how the acros are encrusting over the entire frag rack :D

I am in agreement with teeny. I think I see a totm in your future!

• Like 1

Just nuts.

Great tank Harry.

Thanks!

Updates:

Bought a $12 BicolorBlenny from aquarium kingdom last week. Did a slow acclimation and its shy but eats well and looks pretty cute jumping from rock to rock!

This morning I went to ReefTop aquatics and traded in my huge piece of purple cap (bigger than an open hand) for credit, which I used to get a fairy wrasse. My last fairy wrasse was doing awesome until it jumped, but now my mesh lid is on 24/7 so I am not worrying about that.

The biggest thing I've done recently was to completely take right-island out of the water (Its all one piece!) and used a drill to make holes surrounding where the aptasia were on the rock, and then then used a screwdriver to connect the holes and pry/break the piece off. Of course during this I broke my red cap, green cap, and montipora undata. But oh well, time for some new scaping on that side.

The rock was out of the water for about 8 minutes. I still haven't seen any polyp extension on the acro colonies but I THINK theyre okay.

This terrible creature is why I haven been as active ?

82F55C33-BA29-46D7-8972-57E5DA4CEEEB_zps

I'm going through training with all of our dogs. No more jumping on strangers or chasing them to put them outside!

951BD076-17E9-4996-A628-C9A433241701_zps

FAB01239-A551-4E9B-ABA8-6C131A88CFE7_zps

Looks good! and I agree on not chasing numbers..........all I do is check alk once in a while and salinity........

Salinity I test whenever I add something to the tank. Two or three times I think I've killed a fish from adding them to my 1.026 tank post temp acclimation when the LFS was 1.014! My last two fish from that store (bicolor blenny and mystery wrasse) I did a ~4 hour drip acclimation and they were happily eating as soon as I put them into the tank. None of that sitting on the sand sluggishness

• Like 4

Look at those sweet faces. Obviously the training is for you because there's no way those dogs could possibly misbehave B)

? The innocent faces are so deceiving!

The black one (George) is my dog, he behaves really well. He knows come, sit, stay, and will never go off the front porch if we leave the door open. Very social and great on the leash so we take him out a lot. The brown poodle (Marley) is friendly to direct family ONLY. He bites relatives, friends, even a policeman that was in our backyard responding to an alarm! The Aussie has zero self control but we are working on that haha. Not jumping onto low tables to get human food is a hard thing for him to learn...

New page but the dogs gotta stay a minute longer!

82F55C33-BA29-46D7-8972-57E5DA4CEEEB_zps

951BD076-17E9-4996-A628-C9A433241701_zps

FAB01239-A551-4E9B-ABA8-6C131A88CFE7_zps

• Like 4
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350