Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

Happy birthday!!!!!!

Happy Birthday, hairball!!

Happy Birthday Harry!

It's also my birthday for 4 more minutes here on the west (Best) coast. ;)

Happy birthday mate!

Happy Birthday!!!!

I know you hear this a lot, but I love your tank and pics :)

Thank you for sharing!

edit: and Happy Bday!

Hippo Birdy Harry!!!

Happy Birthday Harry!

Happy Birthday Harold.........hopefully not celebrating to hard ;) take it easy on the Shirley Temples.................. :P

Best Wishes!!

Happy birthday Harry!

Happy birthday!

Thank you all!!!! It was really fun- 19 huh

• Like 7

Wow 19....I wish I could go back to that age and do a few things differently! Haha

We all wish that I am sure :lol:

I remember at 21 or so I was telling a buddys little brother.......listen to your parents do good in school it isn't a bunch of shit :lol: the real world sucks...............

• Like 5

Pretty! Dumped..... so much reef roids into the tank. Like around 2 tbs. A LOT. And I've been trying to cut nutrients :blink:

So diatom bloom but very happy corals

IMG_5474%203_zpsjcemhnn2.jpg

• Like 6

Guys and gals, I need help.

Here was the tank a few months ago (DSLR better photo)

IMG_0540_zpsjy3vu0ya.jpg

And here it is now. Was very hesitant to post these photos, you know how proud I am of my tank and its just not going great. Algae algae algae, seems like some acros aren't doing as well either. Feeding has been cut back to a cube every other day in an attempt to starve out the algae, but that doesn't work either.

The corals look happy though. Only a select few smooth skin acros are suffering. There are new bulbs in the fixture, temperature 79-81 (I think my equipment is starting to overheat and fail due to lack of maintenance, I am going to have a 5 hour "redo" to clean EVERYTHING and take out the sump to see why its overheating.

My pH is swinging more than it ever has. That makes me think its instability. I do not have test kits to see water parameters but will be going to my LFS and bringing a sample to check tomorrow.

I am trying a produce called Vibrant which has interesting reviews on R2R, first dose was yesterday.

IMG_6725_zpshd2rx4c2.jpg[/url

Is this hair algae? Sorry.... I hate posting these photos as much as you hate seeing them.

IMG_5775_zpshqpfqrlj.jpg

• Like 1

It's not terrible. Have you tried just scrubbing the rocks? Take your clam out and carefully scrub the shell. The hair algae or whatever it is may irritate it I'm thinking

When do you run your fuge light? Also, try running an air stone in the sump during the overnight hours. The extra o2 might help with the ph swing.

• Like 1

How often are you doing waterchanges/ how much? Had tge same problem in my wifes 45. More water changes and a small army of scarlet hermits whipped it back into submission ;)

The tank can come back from this. Any detritus collecting anywhere?

It's not terrible. Have you tried just scrubbing the rocks? Take your clam out and carefully scrub the shell. The hair algae or whatever it is may irritate it I'm thinking

When do you run your fuge light? Also, try running an air stone in the sump during the overnight hours. The extra o2 might help with the ph swing.

I went crazy on the tank today LOL. Picked out a cup of algae, scrambled ALL the sand (It was nasty) and siphoned out a steady 1/2 centimeter of detritus that settled on the sand. Fuge light is at night, I think pH is linked to my door being closed and the room getting stale. Scrubbed rocks, new socks.

I put ALL equipment in vinegar and cleaned them up. The return pump, the skimmer pump, the carbon reactor, my PP4, my Vortech, the return Loc-Line, the overflow grate, the heater, etc. Razored everything. 20 gallon water change. Lets beat this shit out of here!

• Like 6

I went crazy on the tank today LOL. Picked out a cup of algae, scrambled ALL the sand (It was nasty) and siphoned out a steady 1/2 centimeter of detritus that settled on the sand. Fuge light is at night, I think pH is linked to my door being closed and the room getting stale. Scrubbed rocks, new socks.

I put ALL equipment in vinegar and cleaned them up. The return pump, the skimmer pump, the carbon reactor, my PP4, my Vortech, the return Loc-Line, the overflow grate, the heater, etc. Razored everything. 20 gallon water change. Lets beat this shit out of here!

Nice job! Did you get your bottle of Vibrance yet?

jedimasterben

Yep! Does vibrant cure all?

It depends. If it starts killing your corals from the second you dose it, then yes, it it likely killing the dinoflagellates. If your corals are fine, then no, it will have no effect.

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350