ReefCleaners.org

HOB Aquafuge 2 weight on rimless tank

Daecrist

Hi all! Recently bought a small Aquafuge 2 to go on the back of a 2 gallon glass cube, but after seeing the thing outside the box it's given me pause. The thing would add around 25lbs of weight hanging on the side of a tank.

I'm going to put in a call to the manufacturer on Monday, but in the meantime I wondered if anyone on the forums was using this HOB fuge on their rimless tank? This is my first rimless so I'm a little more gun shy about adding a bunch of weight than I would be with an old fashioned tank.

So what say you, rimless owners? Are you running a bunch of extra hang on back weight or not?

As always, thanks for any thoughts!

Cencalfishguy56

Hi all! Recently bought a small Aquafuge 2 to go on the back of a 2 gallon glass cube, but after seeing the thing outside the box it's given me pause. The thing would add around 25lbs of weight hanging on the side of a tank.

I'm going to put in a call to the manufacturer on Monday, but in the meantime I wondered if anyone on the forums was using this HOB fuge on their rimless tank? This is my first rimless so I'm a little more gun shy about adding a bunch of weight than I would be with an old fashioned tank.

So what say you, rimless owners? Are you running a bunch of extra hang on back weight or not?

As always, thanks for any thoughts!

Why not run an AC20 converted into a fuge?

I've got a modded AC70 on there right now, actually. I honestly just liked the cleaner look of the Aquafuge until I saw how big it was in person. :)

Archived