Coral Vue Hydros

Light Timer

Jcon_343

Hello All,

Well this is my first post. I have been surfing through these forums for a while and finally decided to join up. Anyways gonna cut to the chase, I have been in the hobby for a while, a few years. But have just recently starting having more free time to devote to my tank. I currently have a 20L as of now FOWLR. I just recently purchased the current Flvual 2.0 LED kit for my tank as I am wanting to start to get some softies. I am looking into getting some sort of timer that would be best automated for the light cycle, as I am out of the house for about 12 hours a day. I do not want to have the daytime light on that long, and my wife, *I love her to death* but is the worst at remembering to turn the lights on. From the reviews I have seen the Fluval light timer is a POS and I was wondering if anyone recommend something good that could control going from day to night and possibly use the dim feature that comes with the light as well.

Any suggestions would be awesome.

I don't think you are going to be able to use any dimmer other than the Fluval Wifi dimmer without some modifications. The plug that Fluval uses to provide power and dimming for for the fixture is a 4 pin. I don't know if that is just power and ground for each channel, or if two pins are power, and the other two are data from the Wifi module.

Without additional investigation, I would suggest using a standard lamp timer to turn it on and off and forget about the dimming for the time being.

Awesome that's what I was thinking. I am always home and can just manually dim day before going to night.. Any kind of lamp timer I assume will do. From like wally world I'm assuming

Thanks again

Pretty much. Just don't get one of the timers that's integrated into a power strip. They for some reason fail at an alarming rate.

Archived