inTank Media Baskets

FW planted- Ebi Topia and The Dwarf ranch.

D3monic

Here's a few pics of my old freshwater nanos.

The messy office, was eating pizza and decided to snap pics. No cleaning or scraping glass. Most these tanks haven't been cleaned in over a year. One my favorite things about the planted tanks they are pretty self sufficient.

_MG_1383.jpg

Ebi Topia - Fluval Ebi

_MG_1382.jpg

_MG_1376.jpg

_MG_1375.jpg

_MG_1379.jpg

These use to be high quality crystal shrimp but I haven't culled (or cleaned tank) in a year + so patterns are getting low grade.

_MG_1411.jpg

_MG_1410.jpg

baby skrimp

_MG_1378.jpg

Back when it was first set up

_MG_6553.jpg

Eventually i'd like to get another fluval ebi and make it a sexy shrimp tank and have them side by side.

The Dwarf Ranch

Fluval Spec on kitchen counter

Occupants: trio of dwarf puffers, dwarf clawed frogs, a few poor patterned crystal shrimp and a army of ramshorn snails.

_MG_1385.jpg

_MG_1390.jpg

_MG_1405.jpg

Sam the frog

_MG_1404.jpg

Beautiful tanks! What lighting do you use? I just set up a 5.5g with some plants and need a light.

These are just the stock fluval lights. The ebi uses a small tube and the spec has LED.

Anubius and java fern have really low light requirements. Matter of fact I probably only run the lights a few hours a week when I feel like turning them on. Rest of the time they just get ambient light from the rooms they are in.

Finally got around to cleaning the skrimp tank last night. Was a nice thick layer of detritus on the ground.

I still need to do a better job of scraping the glass. The small magfloats don't do anything to glass algae.

I'm allergic to shellfish so minimize my fishing around in the tank.

Could use a bit of a trimming too.

_MG_1412.jpg

_MG_1415.jpg

Love the puffers.

Thanks, was the first time i've seen that kind. These are true FW unlike the larger brackish ones that used to be available. These are tiny as shit too. Like Dime sized. Perfect little nano fish and they prey on small snails making them the perfect addition to combat snail populations.

I basically want to throw out several old tanks, get something new and better.

edit:

with that said I have two tanks both running for 6+ years. Low light/tech.

I used to have a really nice 75gal high tech. Made a false wall from one those large foam panels that look like a scene out the rainforest. Drilled returns and overflow through it and had everything behind the false wall. CO2 ect. Very nice tank.

_MG_6431.jpg

_MG_7211.jpg

_MG_7213.jpg

_MG_7005.jpg

_MG_8431.jpg

Eventually the Jungle Val took over completely lol.

1455840_800192663327925_1012540514_n.jpg

Was all micro fish, galaxy rasbora, ottos, dario, skrimps, ect

_MG_6902_1.jpg

Unfortunatly I was going through a foreclosure and had half my stuff moved out but tank was still there. Bank sent guys go clean the house out with no notice and they dumped my tank in the front yard fish and all into the snow. Broke up my custom stand I built and threw it in the trash. I could of murdered a mofo.

_MG_5974.jpg

IMG_5942.jpg

I used to have a really nice 75gal high tech. Made a false wall from one those large foam panels that look like a scene out the rainforest. Drilled returns and overflow through it and had everything behind the false wall. CO2 ect. Very nice tank. _MG_6431.jpg _MG_7211.jpg _MG_7213.jpg _MG_7005.jpg _MG_8431.jpg Eventually the Jungle Val took over completely lol. 1455840_800192663327925_1012540514_n.jpg Was all micro fish, galaxy rasbora, ottos, dario, skrimps, ect _MG_6902_1.jpg Unfortunatly I was going through a foreclosure and had half my stuff moved out but tank was still there. Bank sent guys go clean the house out with no notice and they dumped my tank in the front yard fish and all into the snow. Broke up my custom stand I built and threw it in the trash. I could of murdered a mofo. _MG_5974.jpg IMG_5942.jpg

That was very inyeresting and your tanks are/were beautiful! I am so sorry that you went through such a rough patch.

Unfortunatly I was going through a foreclosure and had half my stuff moved out but tank was still there. Bank sent guys go clean the house out with no notice and they dumped my tank in the front yard fish and all into the snow. Broke up my custom stand I built and threw it in the trash. I could of murdered a mofo.

That was a great tank! I think murder would have been completely justified.

I love your current tank too. Those puffers are adorable.

Archived