Coral Vue Hydros

Introducing ALA Rimless Aquariums & Cabinets

Aqua Lab Aquaria

Aqua Lab Aquaria

At Aqua Lab Aquaria we sell equipment that we would use ourselves and this is especially true of our tanks.

YsaJkxe.jpg

ALA Rimless Tanks

Low-iron, high clarity glass

Machine polished edges

Transparent Silicone

Silicone Injection Construction

Foam Rubber Matt

1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty

MfbAnV1.jpg

We are absolutely confident you will love your ALA Rimless Aquarium. We use them in the store for all of our display tanks and even our working tanks! These tanks are strong while delivering a pleasing aesthetic and superior viewing experience. Accordingly, each tank size uses the appropriate glass thickness with our larger tanks clocking in at 1/2" thick! Unlike the other guys, all our tanks ship with matts. None of that upsell nonsense!

We also sell matching stands for most of our tanks if you’re looking for cabinet worthy of your rimless tank. The stands are constructed with 100% genuine plywood and skinned with waterproof PVC laminate. They are also shipped assembled which means you don't have to put anything together! Being metric, our stands will accommodate popular tanks from ADA, Mr. Aqua, GLA, and more as well.

Our cabinets come in black, gray, walnut, and maple. All colors have a faux wood grain except for the gray which has a Formica-like finish.

All prices below include shipping in the CONUS, but for larger tanks we ask that you contact us so that we can give you an exact estimate for shipping to your locale. Special discounted pricing is available for local pickup, please inquire by phone or send us an email at info@aqualabaquaria.com.

Rectangle

5 Gallon Rectangle (14" x 8.5" x 10" or 36cm x 22cm x 26cm)
$95 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)
SfJTwnT.jpg

8 Gallon Shallow Rectangle (23.6" x 11.8" x 7" or 60cm x 30cm x 18cm)
$145 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)
ZtuBviE.jpg

10 Gallon Rectangle (17.7" x 10.6" x 11.8" or 45cm x 27cm x 30cm)
$150 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)
JtiruBO.jpg

17 Gallon Rectangle (23.6" x 11.8" x 14.1" or 60cm x 30cm x 36cm)
$185 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)
wK8QeiB.jpg

40 Gallon Rectangle (29.5" x 11.8" x 14.1" or 75cm x 45cm x 45cm)
$420 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)

xhAMKrb.jpg

50 Gallon Rectangle (35.43" x 17.72" x 17.72" or 90 cm x 45cm x 45cm)
$600 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)

HyX4vEj.jpg

65 Gallon Rectangle (47.2" x 17.72" x 17.72" or 120 cm x 45 cm x 45cm)
$800 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)

f1g4A1D.jpg

85 Gallon Rectangle (47.2" x 17.72" x 23.62" or 120 cm x 45 cm x 60 cm)
$1000 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)
Vrha63Y.jpg

Cube

2 Gallon Cube (7.75" x 7.75" x 7.75" or 20cm x 20cm x 20cm)
$60 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)

4 Gallon Cube (9.75" x 9.75" x 9.75" or 25cm x 25cm x 25cm)
$70 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)

7 Gallon Cube (11.75" x 11.75" x 11.75" or 30cm x 30cm x 30cm)
$90 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)
ciUxXoV.jpg

24 Gallon Cube (17.7" x 17.7" x 17.7" or 45cm x 45cm x 45cm)
$255 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)
U2uS7Hz.jpg

Cabinets (Available in black woodgrain, maple, walnut, and grey laminate)

30cm Cube Cabinet (11.75" x 11.75" x 30" or 30cm x 30cm x 76.2cm): Fits our 7 gallon cube tank -- $265 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)

45cm Cube Cabinet (17.7” x 17.7” x 30” or 45cm x 45cm x 76.2cm): Fits our 25 gallon cube tank -- $315 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)
U2uS7Hz.jpg

45cm Rectangular Cabinet (17.7" x 10.6" x 30" or 45cm x 27cm x 76.2cm): Fits our 10 gallon tanks --$265 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)
Ohbo7OE.jpg

60cm Rectangular Cabinet (23.6" x 11.8" x 30" or 60cm x 30cm x 76.2cm): Fits our 17 gallon and 8 gallon shallow tanks -- $300 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)
6LDiLjq.jpg

75cm Rectangular Cabinet (23.6" x 11.8" x 30" or 75cm x 45cm x 76.2cm): Fits our 40 gallon tanks -- $350 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)
bVzvaAI.jpg

90cm Rectangular Cabinet (35.43" x 17.72" x 30" or 90 cm x 45cm x 76.2cm) -- Fits our 50 gallon tanks -- $445 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)
vl4wEG7.jpg

120cm Rectangular Cabinet (47.2" x 17.72" x 30" or 120 cm x 45 cm x 76.2cm) -- Fits our 65 gallon and 85 gallon tanks -- $520 (INCLUDES CONUS SHIPPING)
IRKXRXT.jpg

If you would like to order a rimless aquarium or have any questions, please contact us by sending a PM or email us at info@aqualabaquaria.com.

you guys willing to do custom sizes?

Just grab the 60 cm shallow like I did. You know you want another one!

That said, I'm excited to come home to this package waiting at my door after work Friday!

Aqua Lab Aquaria

JR

Thanks for the question. Yes, we can build a custom tank to your specifications. Please shoot us a message to info@aqualabaquaria.com to begin the quote process.

Kent

Just out of curiosity, why do your prices keep changing? Is it just a process you are going through being so new? I feel like when you first joined as a sponsor, the 8 gallon was around 110 with shipping. Now on the website it is $99 plus $25 for "Heavy goods shipping". Now in this post, all of a sudden, it is $154 shipped....

jedimasterben

Just out of curiosity, why do your prices keep changing? Is it just a process you are going through being so new? I feel like when you first joined as a sponsor, the 8 gallon was around 110 with shipping. Now on the website it is $99 plus $25 for "Heavy goods shipping". Now in this post, all of a sudden, it is $154 shipped....

This. On your website, you list the 45cm cube tank at $269, but here it is $300 plus shipping.

Also, the friendly little popup when you try and close the tab is not a great touch. Websites that do that are awful.

This. On your website, you list the 45cm cube tank at $269, but here it is $300 plus shipping.

Also, the friendly little popup when you try and close the tab is not a great touch. Websites that do that are awful.

Just came in to say I love the tanks. But I also noticed the prices changing. And the popup on the website is SO ANNOYING. Honestly that would keep me from ever visiting the site again.

Aqua Lab Aquaria

That 8 gallon is killer!!!!!!

+1 the 8 gallon tank is very nice.

Thanks guys! This style has proven to be very popular. Pick one up today, we've sold quite a few already!

Just came in to say I love the tanks. But I also noticed the prices changing. And the popup on the website is SO ANNOYING. Honestly that would keep me from ever visiting the site again.

The feedback is really appreciated, everyone.

First of all, I completely agree about the exit-intent pop-up. I recently activated that feature and immediately contacted the developer to ask if it could be a CSS based box instead of a system dialogue box. I am de-activiating that feature now based on your feedback. Please bare with us as we get the site perfected and continue to improve the user experience.

Please allow me to explain some of the pricing confusion. Our shipping calculators are still off and are not providing reliable quotes, and this is especially true for the tanks and larger/heavier items. We're working hard to get the webstore fully functional, but until then the prices are more reflective of our in-store pick-up prices. We are based in the SF Bay Area for any locals. As a note to Nano-Reef members, we plan to offer free shipping on all orders of $125 or more.

Based on some of the shipping experience we now have, we have repriced the tanks/cabinets for our forum postings to reflect our anticipated shipping costs. This is still being fine-tuned because we are so new, but the prices in this thread are the most accurate when it comes to the final cost of our products with shipping.

I am tempted to completely de-activiate our webstore until everything is sorted out but I'm of the opinion that we should launch early and tweak often. I am going to add a disclaimer to all our tank listings regarding the shipping fees.

I hope this clarifies some of the confusion. Regarding the 45cm cube, it's actually supposed to say with shipping included. I will correct that now, thanks for bringing to my attention.

Thanks guys! This style has proven to be very popular. Pick one up today, we've sold quite a few already!

The feedback is really appreciated, everyone.

First of all, I completely agree about the exit-intent pop-up. I recently activated that feature and immediately contacted the developer to ask if it could be a CSS based box instead of a system dialogue box. I am de-activiating that feature now based on your feedback. Please bare with us as we get the site perfected and continue to improve the user experience.

Please allow me to explain some of the pricing confusion. Our shipping calculators are still off and are not providing reliable quotes, and this is especially true for the tanks and larger/heavier items. We're working hard to get the webstore fully functional, but until then the prices are more reflective of our in-store pick-up prices. We are based in the SF Bay Area for any locals.

Based on some of the shipping experience we now have, we have repriced the tanks/cabinets for our forum postings to reflect our anticipated shipping costs. This is still being fine-tuned because we are so new, but the prices in this thread are the most accurate when it comes to the final cost of our products with shipping.

I am tempted to completely de-activiate our webstore until everything is sorted out but I'm of the opinion that we should launch early and tweak often. I am going to add a disclaimer to all our tank listings regarding the shipping fees.

I hope this clarifies some of the confusion. Regarding the 45cm cube, it's actually supposed to say with shipping included. I will correct that now, thanks for bringing to my attention.

Sounds good to me. Feedback is key. I build websites as a hobby so I know the frustration you are dealing with. You can test something 100 times and then that 1 time someone looks at it something is off. Web stores are the hardest to nail down.

I placed an order thru the website and the shipping was off. Kent contacted me shortly after explaining everything and was very easy to work with. The tank should arrive tomorrow and customer service and contact had been great. Highly recommend dealing with these guys as I definitely will again in the future!

jedimasterben

Please allow me to explain some of the pricing confusion. Our shipping calculators are still off and are not providing reliable quotes, and this is especially true for the tanks and larger/heavier items. We're working hard to get the webstore fully functional, but until then the prices are more reflective of our in-store pick-up prices. We are based in the SF Bay Area for any locals. As a note to Nano-Reef members, we plan to offer free shipping on all orders of $125 or more.

I gotcha now. Definitely will want to stay on top of keeping prices everywhere at parity to prevent a lot of questions, when business first get started up (or go online like this, not sure how long the company has been around) any negatives can really stand out. :)

While I am here, what sets apart your tanks from the competition, especially in the smaller sizes? I am most interested in the 45cm cube tanks. I currently have one of them, from Mr Aqua, and was considering two more of them to split my current reef into two displays. I can get a standard clarity tank for $130 with shipping, or a low iron model for $200 with shipping. What would make me want to make the jump to $300 for one of these? :)

Aqua Lab Aquaria

Nismo, thanks for the comments! We're dedicated to delighting the Nano-Reef community. This was the first community I really participated in back when I started in the hobby under the handle kentmoney. Always loved the vibe of Nano-Reef and now its our turn to give back!

JediMasterBen, great question! I take it that you're referring to the BRS price for the Mr. Aqua tanks? I believe they just started carrying them...

Our tanks come with the matts, a 1 year mfgs warranty, and excellent customer support. We are also going to be offering several variations in the near future that are unique to us (a reef ready version, frosted back panels, black back panels, white bottom panels, and another secret feature yet to be revealed). However, I presume for most that this would not justify the $100 difference. In light of this competitor information you're giving me, I am going to make an adjustment to our 45cm cube pricing to remain competitive. Do you think a shipped price of $225 would persuade you to become a customer?

Our goal is to be more than just a great retailer/supplier. We want to innovate, cross-pollinate, and advance the hobby by introducing new equipment, styles, and techniques. We want to bring the Asian and European mentality to aquarium/vivarium keeping to American soil: quality over quantity, excellence in aquarium design and husbandry over collector crazes and fads.

We want to be the Apple of aquariums, for lack of a better analogy, and really help elevate the quality of resources/equipment available for creating stunning, high-design aquariums and vivariums. We want to grow this hobby responsibly and posture it as an extension of gardening and pet keeping so that it's more approachable for newbies. We want to develop technologies that will abstract the complexities of enclosed aquaculture systems away from users making it as easy as possible to be successful.

Your support will help make this vision a reality!

Thanks again!

Kent, Founder

Aqua Lab

jedimasterben

Yes, I believe they just started, as well, and Marine Depot is ceasing stocking them due to issues with getting them in a timely manner, so that removes their largest US retailer. However, they already have a new supplier lined up with the same sizes of tanks at roughly the same prices, so they will come back to being a competitor soon. :/

The frosted back definitely is a great idea and something I would love to see become more common. I added a frosted peel n stick sheet to the back of my new tank, and it definitely makes a difference, showing a subtle look at the background of the tank.

The white bottom panel is another great idea, as lots of people are doing bare bottom tanks. Although, lots of people use starboard to help protect the glass, so some may still choose to cover it up :P

As for the lowered price, it will definitely make you more competitive. I am not personally convinced that, in practice, tanks with glass in this thickness range show a real benefit to having low iron glass, so I am still leaning towards the standard clarity tanks and using the difference to buy the overflows.

My pre-upgrade bowfront tank, Mr. aqua standard glass (5-6mm, can't remember exactly)

IMG_1854.jpg

My reef, standard 1/4" Aqueon tank

IMG_2604.jpg

Do you have any plans to do normal clarity glass?

Aqua Lab Aquaria

Ben,

Glad you like some of our ideas for finishing features!

We are honestly quite focused on low-iron only. We can, of course, get you a Mr. Aqua standard glass tank if you'd like.

Even at the thinner thicknesses, I think the difference is worth it. Maybe the difference in transparency is almost imperceptible to our eyes, but I can tell you I definitely appreciate looking at the bluish edge of the low iron glass vs the dark green of standard glass. Since we use clear silicone the difference is on the display!

We are hoping to optimize the supply of low iron glass aquariums in the US so that people don't even have to make the choice to go standard float glass. Low-iron glass should become the new standard aquarium glass and we'd like to make it as accessible as possible!

Best,

Kent

Aqua Lab Aquaria

• 2 weeks later...
Aqua Lab Aquaria

Want to buy multiple tanks? We can do that! Here's six 45cm cube aquariums we're sending to a customer. First we wrap the tanks together as seen here and next we'll wrap the tanks to the pallet. We don't want these tanks to shift in transit!

CwmuSgS.jpg

Aqua Lab Aquaria

Satisfied customer review can be found here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/370759-aqua-lab-aquaria-and-60-cm-shallow-aquarium/

As he noticed, we are told that these tanks are manufactured in the same facility as ADA. We are proud of our tanks and we think you'll appreciate the quality too!

Thanks again Nismo_sky for the great feedback, much appreciated.

Best,

Kent

Aqua Lab

jedimasterben

I thought you guys made your tanks at your shop? They made in China?

Any custom ones, probably, but for the 'stock' tanks it's cheaper and easier that way.

You'd be surprised how many aquarium manufacturers out there do that.

Aqua Lab Aquaria

I thought you guys made your tanks at your shop? They made in China?

As of now, our off-the-shelf rimless, metric tanks are imports. We have carefully vetted our supplier and have been very happy with the product. As Jedimasterben mentioned, we do make custom tanks in-house and we are currently experimenting with domestic production of off-the-shelf aquariums as well. We are trying to get creative to optimize the supply chain for high clarity rimless tanks up to 150gal and are experimenting with some interesting strategies. We want to create efficiency and pass the savings down to the hobbyist.

Currently, all popular manufacturers of small rimless glass aquariums, ADA included, are producing their tanks in China or Taiwan. This also includes popular rimless reef set ups like the Reefer and Innovative Marine tanks too.

• 1 month later...
Aqua Lab Aquaria

Just wanted to update you all that we went through a repricing and now all our tanks include shipping in the CONUS. Try out an ALA tank today!

We have some very exciting news to come soon as well! But here is a hint. Genuine Starphire, made in California, rimless aquariums at affordable prices and some new compelling dimensions! Stay tuned!

• 1 month later...
blizzardscout2

Your aquariums look very nice. I will keep you in mind when I upgrade my tank near the end of this year. Just curious, would you offer one of your tanks pre drilled? Any plans of building sumps?

Aqua Lab Aquaria

BlizzardScout,

We do offer drilling services on any of our tanks, just let us know when you order and we'll be happy to assist! Drilling rates go for around $150/hole.

Yes, sumps will be a part of our catalogue for sure. At this time, we build them to order but we plan to have off-the-shelf options in the coming months.

Thanks

Archived