Cultivated Reef

Help! TANK SIZE OPTIONS

efish19

Why can't you ? I drilled my 20

Did you tear out the back and put in your own overflow? Because optimally, that size tank with a corner overflow would actually be really cool.

Did you tear out the back and put in your own overflow? Because optimally, that size tank with a corner overflow would actually be really cool.

I did .

Let me see if I can find pics for you

Edit :

Here is a link to the thread with a couple of pics.

There was an accident with a rock but recently I've fixed it . Just need to set it back up.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/365364-bs-fusion-20-take-2/#entry5137638

You can google search for a free fish tank gallon calculator. 36x36x18 = 101 gallons.

Yeah, volume I could find.. but curious who makes one in that size. It would be about perfect for a tank I’ve been looking for for our living room!

Here's my opinion.

Is this your first tank? If it is then I would definitely get a 40b. You should be able to find one much cheaper than a shallow cube like the CAD. Ultimately having plenty of $ left over after setup is important so you don't feel pressured for livestock choices.

The 40b is a great tank also though. It's tall enough to fit a variety of stand heights, and the dimensions really are great. I have one now and it's pretty awesome.

If you've already had several tanks and you've fine tuned your reefing "style" to a degree then I think it would be a good idea to step up and whatever it is get the tank you really want, assuming you have planned out your budget for livestock and it works.

Ultimately these are all great choices and I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them. But if your budget is tight or if you are still learning the hobby then the 40b is the clear choice IME.

Good luck!

I am picking up my SC aquarium 90 = 36x24x24 today!! they also do many tanks sizes:

like the 75-= 36x24x18

the 80= 32x24x24

66 =32x24x20

the 50 24x24x20

good luck with deciding.

I am picking up my SC aquarium 90 = 36x24x24 today!! they also do many tanks sizes:

like the 75-= 36x24x18

You got me excited there for a minute! The 36x24x18 is something I would be interested in, but I don't see it on their site?

Archived