Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Help! Too much Flow.

c_man7

So I started up a 20l aio tank. for the return I have a maxijet 900 and for circulation I have a jebao wp-10. I added two clown fish and the current seemed to be too strong for them. They hid in one corner of the tank. Once I turned off the jebao they started to swim more to the front but then would get hit by the maxijets current and get pushed around. How could I slow down the maxijets current? I tried adding a sponge on the bottom and it helped a little but then i'd have to clean that all the time. can I maybe add some type of diy spray bar?

Split the output with a loc-line fitting.

* or a barbed tee fitting if using flexible tubing.

* or put a valve on the output of the maxijet.

Think splitting the return would be best.

Had that on my biocube, took it off because small snails kept getting in it and jamming it up.

As long as you pull periodic maintenance on it you should be OK. I'm sort of lazy.

Keep in mind clowns are pretty strong swimmers too. When I first added mine to the tank they did the same thing. So I kept my powerheads off for several hours then turned them back on and they were fine...tiny little things too. So don't fret if after trying to die it down they're still trying to avoid it, they'll get used to it.

Archived