Coral Vue Hydros

Just got a Chalice and a Torch - some questions

stash98

I read around about these corals and got them both for a nice price yesterday. The chalice frag was only $15 so I had to take it, and the Torch was $29.

I acclimated and did a coral dip as well.

The chalice is mounted low in the tank and I kept it out of direct light. I decided to feed it a little reef roids just to see how it reacted. Well the eyes got real wide and I guess that means it was eating? I did not see feeder tentacles. but I notice now that the yellow around the eye is brighter and the coral seems to be somewhat happy even though it is still sending some mucus.

The torch is medium high in the tank. It is half open and the flow is keeping it waving around but not too much. I lessened the flow in my tank a little because I want to just have LPS and don't want to blow them around too much.

Basically I just need some patience and solid tank maintenance from here? I have not had these corals before and I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything here.

And of course - here are some pics, let me know if you see anything weird.

G5d4uF9l.png

Ihs63Rrl.png

Looks good, chalices usually don't project their feeders during the day and depending on your species it may or may not have long tentacles. Everything looks good though.

Thanks. I have a small 11.5 so I'm giving the Torch a lot of space. I think I want to add an Acon or brain on the bottom and maybe one other on the opposite side low middle.

Archived