Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Long tentacle anemone has moved itself into the rock work

LeCharlesMuhDickens

LeCharlesMuhDickens

I've got a healthy long tentacle anemone living in my BC14. Overnight he moved into a little cave in the rock work and is barely visible. I know they like to shuffle around but should I retrieve him from the cave?

No, as tempting as it is...he moved there for a reason. You risk tearing their foot if you try to get them out yourself, which can quickly lead to infection. When he's more settled, he will move out when he's ready.

Cencalfishguy56

I've got a healthy long tentacle anemone living in my BC14. Overnight he moved into a little cave in the rock work and is barely visible. I know they like to shuffle around but should I retrieve him from the cave?

Yup just as previously stated, they are doing it to become more acclimated to the light ect. And will move out when ready, I know it's tempting because well you wanted to see it but it will work out just be patient
Cencalfishguy56

Awesome, thanks for the info. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't a sign of the nem giving up the ghost.

Lol when I first started in this hobby I had an RBTA and kept messing with it since it was hiding, ended up killing it now I look back at myself and ask myself why I wasn't patient lol

Archived