Pod Your Reef

Introducing the Photon-V2!

Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

The Photon series is our flagship line of lights, and the second generation of the Photons brings many of the features customers have requested since the release of the original.

The new Photon V2 is packed with new features and improvements:

• Wireless 6-channel controller

• 5 watt Cree XT-E LEDs and 3 Watt Cree/Semi/Osram diodes

• All Aluminum case

• Built in mounting legs

• Temperature controlled fans

• 2-Year USA warranty

You can order the new Photon V2 in sizes from 16" to 48" directly through our website, limited quantities are in stock!

https://www.reefbreeders.com/new-photon-v2/

5080-6_zpsekurzzc0.png

Oh sure, come out with the new light after I already buy one of the old ones.....GIMMIE MY MONEY BACK!

But seriously I'm loving your photon 48" on my Deep Blue 80 Breeder, VERY happy with the light!

Reef Breeders

Oh sure, come out with the new light after I already buy one of the old ones.....GIMMIE MY MONEY BACK!

But seriously I'm loving your photon 48" on my Deep Blue 80 Breeder, VERY happy with the light!

The Photons have been out for a few years, we had to revamp them with the speed LED tech is moving these days! :D

They are still great lights and I am glad the Photon 48 is working well for you!

But can you cook a few strips of bacon on top!

Nope, hottest they got running 24/7 was warm to the touch. The whole light is an extruded aluminum heat sink, and the temperature controlled fans kick in whenever the temperature starts to rise. I may order a temperature tester and see exactly what the temp is, but it certainly doesn't get hot.

The Photons have been out for a few years, we had to revamp them with the speed LED tech is moving these days! :D

They are still great lights and I am glad the Photon 48 is working well for you!

Nope, hottest they got running 24/7 was warm to the touch. The whole light is an extruded aluminum heat sink, and the temperature controlled fans kick in whenever the temperature starts to rise. I may order a temperature tester and see exactly what the temp is, but it certainly doesn't get hot.

Are there 120 optic options or can the 90's be removed easily?

• 2 weeks later...
Reef Breeders

Are there 120 optic options or can the 90's be removed easily?

The 90s can be removed, but that would leave the LED uncovered. We will offer 120 degree optics soon.

Nice looking light. Any writeup to digest?

Not yet, I am sure there will be more soon as many of these were sent out over the past weeks.

Archived