Coral Vue Hydros

most powerful syphon?

stash98

I'm running a bare bottom and I have some sand/debris in my tank from my dead rock that my little python syphon can't really suck out. I am guessing the tube is just too narrow. The sand will go into it, but the vacuum is not strong enough to pull it out of the tank.

My flow pushes all debris right to the front of the tank so all I need is something really effective at sucking it out. Maybe a really wide syphon tube? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Just grab a larger hose. To do water changes in my 40 gallon freshwater, I use a 1" ID tube and pull about 15-20 gallons in a matter of maybe 20 seconds.

I would not use a 1" ID tube for that small of a tank, haha. It will definitely suck pretty much anything that would fit. With the python, do you use the big adapter tube? If so, try to just siphon with just the hose itself and it will be a stronger siphon. For detritus in my frag rack that is what I do and have never had any issues there.

Just did a 30% water change. It worked perfectly. I didn't think such a small tube would do it, but I got all the rock bits out of the tank just fine.

Archived