inTank Media Baskets

Kijho's IM Fusion 20

Kijho

Hey NR Friends,

Have a small favor to ask; My girlfriend's dog and her family have been going through a challenging time right now with her health. Their dog was diagnosed with diabetes this year and also went blind. (They've had her since a puppy after rescuing her from the streets). After so many obstacles, things were starting to look up.. until this week when they found out more concerns. There's pressure now building in behind the iris of the (blind) eyes and both need emergency surgery to remove them.. and insurance is declining any further on the condition (because it maxed out from the previous issues this summer)..

If anyone can donate even $1 it would be so incredibly generous and truly appreciated from the bottom of our hearts. If not, even just some kind words of support here would be wonderful for me to pass along to my girlfriend and her family for their pup.

https://www.gofundme.com/kipper-needs-emergency-eye-surgery

RIP Sebastian

Hey NR Friends,

Have a small favor to ask; My girlfriend's dog and her family have been going through a challenging time right now with her health. Their dog was diagnosed with diabetes this year and also went blind. (They've had her since a puppy after rescuing her from the streets). After so many obstacles, things were starting to look up.. until this week when they found out more concerns. There's pressure now building in behind the iris of the (blind) eyes and both need emergency surgery to remove them.. and insurance is declining any further on the condition (because it maxed out from the previous issues this summer)..

If anyone can donate even $1 it would be so incredibly generous and truly appreciated from the bottom of our hearts. If not, even just some kind words of support here would be wonderful for me to pass along to my girlfriend and her family for their pup.

https://www.gofundme.com/kipper-needs-emergency-eye-surgery

If I wasn't a broke student, I would. But I hope everything goes okay. :grouphug:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick update on Kip; We've raised lots to go towards the surgery and are very thankful to our friends and family, and everyone who has contributed! :) The scheduled date is in 2 weeks now Dec 15, so praying things go well.

Fusion update:

It's been a very long time since I've done any video of my tank, so I decided to give it a go today as I was relaxing, watching my tank this afternoon! It's snow season now in Canada and it's been a cold and blizzard-y day! Nice to sit inside and watch the reef and enjoy some coffee...

Although I'm less active on NR here, I still love my Fusion 20 and I'm so happy now it's been up for just about 1 year mark and I haven't even had ONE single sign of ANY bad algae. (I'm knocking on wood now - literally). Everything doing very good!!! Looking to continuously add more and build more. The right side of the tank is lacking - any suggestions on coral? Stick with the theme and go for another big Euphyllia piece? Or litter the top of that scaped rock with misc. softies (more Zoa's? Mushrooms?)

In other news: I'm keeping up on weekly WC's. I've noticed the corals seem to be growing bigger now with the Red Sea Pro Salt. (Before I was just going to the LFS and having them fill a 5G Jug with their stuff - probably the cheapest salt ...).

Also did an entire disassembly and tooth-brush scrubbing of my big pump in the back. Put it all back in and together and WOW what a difference it makes after a few months. You notice how much more flow, I had to re-adjust my auto-top off because before it was setup based on the flow being well I guess slower due to the pump being dirty. Now it's pulling water through faster I had to adjust the filter media again, think I have it set now though. We'll see if I get woken at 2am from the alarm beeping off or not hahaha...

I was hesitant on this guy, and thought he might end up being returned. But, my tank has proven to be sufficient for him now as he's about a month in! He's finding pods, I can see him at night going around and going after them!! (Well... maybe he is a she?) Also eats mysis and is very tame you can hand-feed from your fingers and he/she will take it!!

31387600826_a60d39503e_b.jpgIMG_7004 by Spencer, on Flickr

Ofcourse we need a FTS! :)

31308882121_af2884aa1d_b.jpgIMG_7011 by Spencer, on Flickr

Suggestions for the right side?

• Like 5

That goniapora is cool. Overall a great LPS tank. You should do a small ricordea garden on the right hand side. They typically prefer lower flow so that seems like a perfect spot.

What kind of lighting unit are you running again?

• Like 1

That goniapora is cool. Overall a great LPS tank. You should do a small ricordea garden on the right hand side. They typically prefer lower flow so that seems like a perfect spot.

What kind of lighting unit are you running again?

Thank you! :) AI Prime light, I am really happy with it!

Right on. The AI Primes are really nice. I was considering them because I really like having the wi-fi controllability feature.

I might end up with a Radion instead and see how that works out.

How's the shadowing with the AI Prime?

• 3 months later...

So bad at keeping this updated now haha, but I've made an Instagram account @Shpixx_Reeftank where I can post photo updates more regularly if anyone's interested in following along there. If you come be sure to comment on one of my pics and say you're from Nano-reef so I can check your profile out!! :) 

My Fusion 20 has been on auto-pilot mode for the past several months. I go into the LFS' and the owner asks where I've been haha. Well, I've just been busy working / saving money to put towards a Condo in my future. After my GF's dog surgery and such life's just been nonstop and very thankfully I'm happy to say all is going very well and doggy is doing very good, albeit blind. She's a very happy dog and that's what matters.

But for my fishy friends, here's some pics because pics are everything :D

33346400656_7d13a3facc_c.jpg

IMG_8970 by kijho6, on Flickr

32544288874_f75b9ced84_c.jpg

IMG_8980 by kijho6, on Flickr

32613278773_707618cf6f_c.jpg

IMG_9038 by kijho6, on Flickr

33405930095_4331186254_c.jpg

IMG_9026 by kijho6, on Flickr

33044387720_4fce3d8c18_c.jpg

IMG_9140 by kijho6, on Flickr

33044389300_1d5fa6b376_c.jpg

IMG_9076 by kijho6, on Flickr

33044382020_22ab63ff1a_c.jpg

IMG_9176 by kijho6, on Flickr

33044384070_4128a996dc_c.jpg

IMG_9168 by kijho6, on Flickr

33427442275_d2dcbe10fb_c.jpg

IMG_9144 by kijho6, on Flickr

33044380270_08f112c6b8_c.jpg

IMG_9086 by kijho6, on Flickr

33044380750_4c3d5721b1_c.jpg

IMG_9062 by kijho6, on Flickr

So last week I was looking at my tank and I thought - Why don't I have more fish. I've seen many people with 20's with way more fish and such. Since my tank's been really auto-pilot running perfect no problems I went to the LFS and basically bought the cheapest fish there simply because I wanted to add some more life to the tank. The Clownfish are almost 3 years old now and they RUN the SHOW in my tank. So, it took 2 days to see them kind of adjust to the new guys. They kinda showed the new guys who's boss first day so I'm glad. Some people told me that Damsel's can be aggressive but I think the Clown's have pretty much won dominance. They're pretty chill so far, and like to swim around the different crevices in the rock. Funny thing is when I wake up they're all sleeping perched somewhere different apart from each other haha except the two clownfish are together. 

33365561126_07a69bb556_c.jpg

IMG_9013 by kijho6, on Flickr

33427443535_1ce5a1be7d_c.jpg

IMG_9193 by kijho6, on Flickr

33427444945_2e5f3bb208_c.jpg

IMG_9066 by kijho6, on Flickr

There's a black damsel too, can't ever see him with the black rear wall hahaha.. :D 

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Ninja thanks man! Glad to see you doing well, thanks for stopping in my thread!

I filmed a little video talking about my Fusion 20 if anyone's interested in checking it out!

• Like 3

Super cool update! A friend of mine very kindly donated some SPS corals to me, to give SPS a try! So I carefully moved some things to the left side to ensure they wouldn't extend at night to sting the new pieces, and after only about a week and a bit - the SPS is doing so good. I swear it's already starting to grow a little!!

33069880093_fc2ac57b18_b.jpgIMG_9835_1 by kijho6, on Flickr

33842231866_d12819138d_b.jpgIMG_9854 by kijho6, on Flickr

Because of the way I glued this piece it's a bit tricky to shoot, but I'm hoping it grows out in a such a nice little shelf.. kind of what I imagine as I see in other peoples reefs!

33069884063_00f619b6b2_b.jpgIMG_9820 by kijho6, on Flickr

Alot of people asking me about this coral. I got like 4 messages on Instagram asking how old this is and saying they're very hard corals to keep? I was surprised, because thing thing is so hardy.. I've moved it once to the back - no go - it wasn't happy with the lower flow. So it came back out front and extended even bigger haha...

33842241036_936bc7686b_b.jpgIMG_9867 by kijho6, on Flickr

Goby in his usual position..

33039557644_5ab979e4a3_b.jpgIMG_9802 by kijho6, on Flickr

and my Clown, the boy. Defender of the tank :D 

33069876803_a3c58ae7ef_b.jpgIMG_9762 by kijho6, on Flickr

and a little video too! If you guys like YouTube or do the YouTube thing, I'd be thankful if you followed my Channel! I have to hit 100 subscribers to create a unique channel link!

• Like 5

Did a WC yesterday and changed out my filter media. I'm using Chemipure Elite and Purigen with filter socks, one for each side + floss I change weekly! Everything was a bit unhappy but it always amazes me at how much of a difference new filter media makes in water clarity! Water looks great!! Loved how it was looking as the ramp timer dimmed down for the night...

33538414830_6d911025da_b.jpgIMG_9911 by Spencer, on Flickr

33882239816_2c9c423ea4_b.jpgIMG_9914 by Spencer, on Flickr

My halloween hermit :D

33552491640_81f103b37f_b.jpgIMG_9971 by Spencer, on Flickr

• Like 5