Pod Your Reef

Mr Aqua 12L and 22L Tanks Discontinued?

MrNanoReef

Is there a problem with these tanks? I just set up a Mr Aqua 12 (gulp).

There is nothing wrong with them at all. You can set up your tank with confidence!

No, otherwise Mr Aqua would have disappeared several years ago. The brand is still going strong.

I would imagine they're looking at alternatives to increase their margin on them without needing to raise the price of the tanks. Shipping a large item like these costs boatloads and they are shipping most of them for free, so any extra bit in the margin they can get would be a great benefit. All businesses do things like this, cost analysis, and then start looking at alternatives if it doesn't make fiscal sense to continue on the same path. Businesses gotta stay in business :)

We are reluctant to discuss this publicly, but there seems to be some concern about the "why?" in our decision to discontinue selling these tanks. I would like to reassure anyone interested that our motivation in seeking alternatives is merely to have a reliable source with a steady supply available for customers to purchase. It has nothing to do with the quality of the tanks. It is just disheartening to carry aquariums people really want, but we can't sell because there is not enough supply to meet the demand. We don't like to keep shoppers waiting for backorders with ever-fluctuating ETAs. Our customers deserve better—and we believe we've found it! We are just ironing out the details now. Thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

We are reluctant to discuss this publicly, but there seems to be some concern about the "why?" in our decision to discontinue selling these tanks. I would like to reassure anyone interested that our motivation in seeking alternatives is merely to have a reliable source with a steady supply available for customers to purchase. It has nothing to do with the quality of the tanks. It is just disheartening to carry aquariums people really want, but we can't sell because there is not enough supply to meet the demand. We don't like to keep shoppers waiting for backorders with ever-fluctuating ETAs. Our customers deserve betterand we believe we've found it! We are just ironing out the details now. Thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime.

That makes sense - I did not mean to intrude too much with my speculation. This is another important part of business, being able to keep stock to keep up with demand. It's why I keep coming back to MD. :)

That makes sense - I did not mean to intrude too much with my speculation. This is another important part of business, being able to keep stock to keep up with demand. It's why I keep coming back to MD. :)

No problem! We love this community and want to be as transparent as possible when you have concerns about our service or the products we sell. But we feared in doing so it may come off as disparaging to a company we both like and respect, which is the last thing we want. Anyway, we hope to make an announcement about a new, exciting line of glass aquariums mid-March!

There is nothing wrong with them at all. You can set up your tank with confidence!

We are reluctant to discuss this publicly, but there seems to be some concern about the "why?" in our decision to discontinue selling these tanks. I would like to reassure anyone interested that our motivation in seeking alternatives is merely to have a reliable source with a steady supply available for customers to purchase. It has nothing to do with the quality of the tanks. It is just disheartening to carry aquariums people really want, but we can't sell because there is not enough supply to meet the demand. We don't like to keep shoppers waiting for backorders with ever-fluctuating ETAs. Our customers deserve better—and we believe we've found it! We are just ironing out the details now. Thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thank you. I had noticed the problem you address here and now that you mention it everything makes perfect sense.

Any chance the new line will include a competitor to the 60f??? I love the 24 x 12 x 7 size...

It is looking like the new tanks may arrive sooner than I thought.

Let me see if I can get some information on the sizes for you.

To be continued ...

Any chance the new line will include a competitor to the 60f??? I love the 24 x 12 x 7 size...

Dang metric system. Well, I see 16 tank sizes so far ranging from 2.57 gallons to 64.19 gallons... but all the dimensions are in millimeters. They are probably already in our database in inches, but unfortunately the tool I use to look up SKUs is down at the moment. I'll PM you the sizes so you can use a unit conversion calculator online. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

And I'm guessing you guys will be offering the Innovative Marine Nuvo Black edition?

But of course!!! ;) We are already speaking to them about doing a tank build for a future video. :naughtydance:

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered the 22L from you guys yesterday and got the shipping confirmation today. Can't wait to set this up! Dimensions of this tank are killer.

Marine Depot

Just ordered the 22L from you guys yesterday and got the shipping confirmation today. Can't wait to set this up! Dimensions of this tank are killer.

Thank you for shopping with us!

slflogo-2.png

Marine Depot

So I saw that the 22 Gallon is available. Any idea if the low iron glass version of the 22G will make a return?

The Mr. Aqua aquariums in our store are being replaced by AquaMaxx low iron tanks that are just beginning to make their way onto our website (here is the first set).

I believe there will be 19 sizes to start with. There are a couple of long, bookshelf sizes. One is 11.9 gallons and the other is 21.4 gallons. The latter would be the low iron equivalent to the 22 you mentioned. It looks like the price will be $199.99 for that size, which appears to be about $40 less than the Mr. Aqua low iron 22 elsewhere online.

The remainder of the new AquaMaxx aquariums should be on our site later today or tomorrow. We'll likely announce them in an email next Wednesday.

12791094_10153918852080941_1744882673861

The Mr. Aqua aquariums in our store are being replaced by AquaMaxx low iron tanks that are just beginning to make their way onto our website (here is the first set).

I believe there will be 19 sizes to start with. There are a couple of long, bookshelf sizes. One is 11.9 gallons and the other is 21.4 gallons. The latter would be the low iron equivalent to the 22 you mentioned. It looks like the price will be $199.99 for that size, which appears to be about $40 less than the Mr. Aqua low iron 22 elsewhere online.

The remainder of the new AquaMaxx aquariums should be on our site later today or tomorrow. We'll likely announce them in an email next Wednesday.

Oooooooooo ahhhhhhhh!

278950_original.jpg

Have the rest of the tank sizes been posted on your website yet? I looked and haven't found them or maybe i'm just missing them lol

jtwisconsin

I have also been patiently waiting to see all the sizes available. :scarry:

My Mr. Aqua 6 Gallon at work needs an upgrade!

Marine Depot

Have the rest of the tank sizes been posted on your website yet? I looked and haven't found them or maybe i'm just missing them lol

I have also been patiently waiting to see all the sizes available. :scarry:

My Mr. Aqua 6 Gallon at work needs an upgrade!

Thank you so much for your interest! We have another 12 aquariums to still put up on the site (we've been taking pictures of them all this week), but we have posted more since yesterday along with some leveling mats. Click here to check them out >

Marine Depot

Here are the tanks we have put up so far:

2.6 Gallons - Long Cuboid - Low Iron
AquaMaxx-Long-Cuboid-Low-Iron-Aquarium-2
5.2 Gallons - Long Cuboid - Low Iron
AquaMaxx-Long-Cuboid-Low-Iron-Aquarium-5
9.1 Gallons - Long Cuboid - Low Iron
AquaMaxx-Long-Cuboid-Low-Iron-Aquarium-9
4.6 Gallons - Rectangular - Low Iron
AquaMaxx-Rectangular-Low-Iron-Aquarium-4
6.4 Gallons - Rectangular - Low Iron
AquaMaxx-Rectangular-Low-Iron-Aquarium-6
9.6 Gallons - Rectangular - Low Iron
AquaMaxx-Rectangular-Low-Iron-Aquarium-9
17.1 Gallons - Rectangular - Low Iron
AquaMaxx-Rectangular-Low-Iron-Aquarium-1
Oceanbox Designs

Best news of the week! All we need now are AIO Reef Conversion Kits for these tanks :)

Marine Depot

Best news of the week! All we need now are AIO Reef Conversion Kits for these tanks :)

That WOULD be cool!

hint-hint-1-sm.jpg

I hope they're are some larger shallow sizes. Would you be able to give us the dimensions of the rest of the tanks that aren't posted yet?:) Tanks look nice. Will be buying one, hopefully i can drill it without problems lol

Archived