SaltCritters.com

newbie from Greece

konsgoli

hey guys i've been reading the forum for a long time so i decided to join.

i have a 10 g for many years . My father bought it for me so i only had one fish in and nothing else

Recently i decided to make some changes to the tank . i upgraded the lighting with leds , i bought an eheim 2211 which has seachem matrix , phoguard , carbon and only the blue biological pad. i also changed the sandbed. it used to have crushed coral

i do water changes but i have an algae problem. See the photos below

20160121_165156.jpg
20160129_155813.jpg
20160129_155850.jpg

It looks like the new sand might have caused a mini cycle. I would just wait and see if it clears up. All of your equipment looks good.

There may be some issues with an ammonia spike, which could be damaging to fish and corals, so I would keep an eye on them for signs of stress.

Best of luck!

It is very hard to tell from the photos. It looks like you are running some sort of canister filter with some sort of wavemaker? on the left side of the tank.

To be able to accurately diagnose what is going on I need a few things:

• Nitrate Test
  • Nitrite Test
  • Phosphate Test
  • PH Test
  • maintenance schedule
  • what type of salt you use
  • what type of water you use
  • Ammonia Test
  • Current lighting setup
  • Filtration setup

I know that seems like a lot but any of those could be a potential problem. I hope this helps!

my nitrates are high i will test again tomorrow maybe. my phosphate is zero. i will test the other parameters you asked for. i clean the sandbed and make a wc evevy sunday with distilled water . my lighting is a 120 watts led light from ebay i run it at 10% actinics and 2 % the white with green and red . For filtration i use a canister filter with seachem matrix (the stones) , carbon and phosguard. The other other thing you saw is an old eheim filter whivh i use just for flow. Rw 4 is on the way. I also use red sea salt . hope it helps thanks a lot

1st image is dino. I was able to beat it with hardcore warfare. Since you have so little livestock I would probably do a 100% reset. 100% w/c, clean everything, new media, clean sand and then follow up with a blackout period of 3-5 days.

Archived