Pod Your Reef

Hanna checker ALK recall

davy jones

Hanna has discovered that a batch of HI755-26 Alkalinity Checker Reagents were affected by a chemical compatibility issue. This has been resolved and we will replace any HI755-26 reagents that were affected. Please check your lot numbers by visiting this link.
https://hannainst.wufoo.com/forms/w1hzjs2j1b4ejyu/

Copied from email. So far im told it goes back as far as 2014. Enter your batch number and theyll send you a new regent.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I checked my Alk reagents using the link provided above and, sure enough, they needed to be replaced.

BTW, what was the issue...... Low readings, High readings?

When did you fill out the form? I completed mine when this thread was first posted and just got it today.

I filled it out a day or two after this was posted I think. Hopefully it'll be here in a week or so, I really need to know while moving the doser to the new system.

I filled it out a day or two after this was posted I think. Hopefully it'll be here in a week or so, I really need to know while moving the doser to the new system.

I totally know how you feel....they were taking a bit too long and I ended up just ordering one from amazon. Oddly though the new reagant was also part of the recalled lot :wacko: So im getting that one replaced as well :mellow:

I had ordered some ALK reagents from BRS before I saw this thread. So I contacted them to find out if they were aware of the recall. They responded that they were indeed aware and all of their reagents had been replaced by Hanna.

Just thought I'd pass this on

Will these regent issue drop the Hanna checker out of favor amongst us reefers? It's a little frustrating not getting accurate readings.

Shit happens. At least Hanna is taking ownership and not trying to sweep it under the rug. I love the simplicity of my Hanna checker, so this doesn't affect me. Well technically it did, as I need a replacement for batch 5555. :P

deaclauderdale

Shit happens. At least Hanna is taking ownership and not trying to sweep it under the rug. I love the simplicity of my Hanna checker, so this doesn't affect me. Well technically it did, as I need a replacement for batch 5555. :P

Yeah I'm of the same mindset that if a company owns responsibility for a mistake and then takes corrective actions I'll give them another chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Same. Although the Red Sea test is faster for me. haha

I still have the red sea, but the bottles won't twist into the holder correctly and I'm paranoid I'm going to shatter glass everywhere in the middle of swirling the solution. I use it for backup now.

I still have the red sea, but the bottles won't twist into the holder correctly and I'm paranoid I'm going to shatter glass everywhere in the middle of swirling the solution. I use it for backup now.

Crazy. I have 2 of those kits. One twists on fine. The other doesn't. I can't figure out why.

Archived