ReefCleaners.org

Prawn's Paradise -3rd time's a charm!

FlamingPrawn

Hey guys!

We are finally settled into the new house and we all know what that means... NEW TANK. This'll be a slow build, going to take my time and make sure I do everything right. Below are the specs for what I currently have and some pictures. I also included some sneak peeks of my other hobby ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Equipment:

CADlights 4gallon

Coral Compulsion par30 18k bulb
Solar Flare (temporary)

Black desk lamp

4 lbs of dry Fiji rock from BRS

Black Hawaiian sand

IM SpinStream

Hydor 200

Finnex 50w

Barracuda 50gpd RODI Unit

Stocking (planning):

Various coral

Trio of sexy shrimp

Possibly a Coral Croucher or Flaming Prawn Goby?

Stocking (current):

2 turbos

4 blue leg hermits

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Design will be barebottom, simple design. Trying to keep this tank much more simple and natural. I will do small water changes just to suck out detritus from the bottom. Special thanks to Teenyreef for his inspiration. I hope I get somewhat CLOSE to his tank!

Current Step:

Design, design, design! Coming up with a rockscape is SO HARD. I know now its going to take me hours to come up with something I like. I also need to redrill the return hole to move it up 2-3". Hopefully get some work done this weekend

Pictures:

a1FAM9Dm.jpg

RrHxH6Hm.jpg

i1zp7thm.jpg

FR9BJZ4m.jpg

fFHhLFum.jpg

FlowLikeWater

This'll be a slow build, going to take me time and make sure I do everything right.

my* :lol:

Cool plants, are they in a separate tank?

This'll be a slow build, going to take me time and make sure I do everything right.

my* :lol:

Cool plants, are they in a separate tank?

Correct I have a separate room in the basement for my Carnivorous plant collection. I currently have:

Drosera

Pinguicula

Nepenthes

Sarracennia

Cobra Lilys

Heliamphora :wub:

I also have about 200+ seeds that have a week left in stratification before I plant them to get them ready for summer on the deck

i hope you fiance does the cooking.. yours doesn't look to appetizing :P

Hoping she doesn't get here on here and see that picture. Put cooking rocks to a new level

I really want to do a desk tank... very jealous!

Thanks! Trying to keep it simple and neat. This is a place of scholared learners sitting at this desk in the office ;) gotta keep it fancy eh?

I may have to do this too! once my tank is ultra stable perhaps Ill add a tank to my work desk. My home desk only thing that happens is Bills and Diablo 3 from time to time. Maybe some youtube..

I may have to do this too! once my tank is ultra stable perhaps Ill add a tank to my work desk. My home desk only thing that happens is Bills and Diablo 3 from time to time. Maybe some youtube..

Thankfully in my field or work I can WFH whenever I like. Just never had the room for a desk and office until the new house. I still have to put up all the reef flaire and dart frog paintings. Soon... I'll try to get some pictures up today of the rock scapes I'm thinking. This'll be the first time I work with putty to keep it together so it'll be interesting

Well I had a rock scape designed and ready to go... After what seemed like hours of using putty. Had it in the tank and was feeling it out to only realize I HATED it. So broke it all down. Pulled off all the epoxy which was a terrible smell. I'll have some pictures up tomorrow. Back to the drawing board...

Here is the rock scape I had come up with... It's now in pieces again and back to designing. Other than that my Unibit is on order and the rest of the hardware is here. Hopefully a fellow nano-reefer decides he wants to ship his stuff and gives me his PicO Skim 2.0 ;)

qQHNWjql.jpg

So little hardware update. got the new hole drilled thanks to a $7.99 Unibit / Step-up Drill bit. This was extremely nerveracking but thanks to DrGibby & Teeny their advice helped a lot! I also got the hydor ready to go and did a flow test. I need to seal the bottom hole tonight with a small piece of black plastic & silicone. The spinstream is also extremely loud :( Idk if i'll be able to deal with that since it's sitting right on my desk.

7IrBClPl.jpg

IBETwMzl.jpg

FDXrONXl.jpg

The struggle is real when it comes to coming up with a rockscape I like...

s4Byxh9l.jpg

But in the meantime. Here's some other photo's I have of my other hobbies ;)

I'm sure DrGibby will chime in here... I'll be waiting on those bennies or varadero...

POHDvwim.jpg7UBRSoXm.jpg

YOVLVL6m.jpg4qbyokFm.jpg

uhExmPBm.jpg

And here are the 2nd (its a tie) most important ladies in my life :lol:

eKSZwPJm.jpgVVVnocLm.jpg

Rocks cape Decided! Feedback welcome. Went for a lot of room for corals and will be going Bare bottom. Phew finally... Also closed up the old return hole with a square of acrylic, super glue, and silicone for good measure.

iSIEWM4l.jpgn9pptTOl.jpg7If6U4ll.jpgNANT1jSl.jpg

Simple update... tanks wet!

1FElQvLl.jpg

I also have two weeks until LEAR where i'll be picking up some zoa-goodies and two CADlights 8gallons for on heck of a price :D:D:D One of them will probably be a freshwater planted and the other either a macro-algae tank or softie-paradise

Congrats on the house and the start of the tank!

Thanks :) Looking forward to finally having my own "Office" where its no rules and I can put whatever I want in it haha.

Congrats! It has begun...

Yeah I don't know if it ever went away... I felt like I was in withdraw while we were in transition and I couldn't have a tank set up...

Well call me crazy but the first frag was added today :D. Before people jump down my throat all the water in this tank as well as the rock under the main stuff came from a VERY established system I'd like to call Tidal Gardens ;).

First frag: Fiji HyperColor Zoas!

oehRvL7l.jpg

natalia_la_loca

Nice setup :) if it isn't too late to move that scape from the left wall a little, you may find it easier to clean the walls. That was a big regret I had in setting up my zoa garden.

Btw love the carnivorous plants!!!

Nice setup :) if it isn't too late to move that scape from the left wall a little, you may find it easier to clean the walls. That was a big regret I had in setting up my zoa garden.

Btw love the carnivorous plants!!!

I made sure the nano-mag fits ;) I think I need to change lights to a more actinic just because the colors of the Zoa's pop that much more

Well that frag was short lived :( Guess I went a little fast haha. Hitting the ugly stage with some Algae. Accidentally didn't get the timer right and it was on for a good 18 hours straight. Did add to Astrea Snails to help with the Algae. Hopefully in a week or so I can start bringing home my goodies from LEAR

Archived