inTank Media Baskets

Instant fish death

Ryan_E

So I just watched my six line wrasse twitch one time and sink like a rock. It was crazy! Anyone ever seen something like this happen?

My parameters are ideal. And I haven't added anything new recently. The fish was eating and behaving completely normal. I had it for about three months. All other fish, inverts, and corals are fine.

Simulated Fish

So I just watched my six line wrasse twitch one time and sink like a rock. It was crazy! Anyone ever seen something like this happen?

My parameters are ideal. And I haven't added anything new recently. The fish was eating and behaving completely normal. I had it for about three months. All other fish, inverts, and corals are fine.

To many fish cheese burgers? Lol! Sorry to hear about your loss. Since these are living creatures sometimes the will just did, such is life. You just were able to catch it happening.

anything poisonous in the tank? I wonder if fish can have strokes/aneurysms or heart attacks? Hehehe

Was it for sure dead or could it have been stunned/paralyzed?

Do you have a pistol shrimp? I've never seen it happen but apparently their snaps do a pretty good job of stunning fish..

You say everything else is okay?

Did it have a large abdomen? I've seen a sixline eat so many small nassarius snails that it no joke looked like it was going to pop.

anything poisonous in the tank? I wonder if fish can have strokes/aneurysms or heart attacks? Hehehe

Was it for sure dead or could it have been stunned/paralyzed?

Do you have a pistol shrimp? I've never seen it happen but apparently their snaps do a pretty good job of stunning fish..

You say everything else is okay?

Did it have a large abdomen? I've seen a sixline eat so many small nassarius snails that it no joke looked like it was going to pop.

Nothing poisonous in the tank. I do have a pistol shrimp, but I was watching the tank as this happened and didn't hear a pop. I normally can hear the pops from a floor away. The fish did have a large abdomen. It always did when it was done eating, but I hadn't fed for the day yet.

I'm pretty dang sure it was dead. It spasmed a couple times on the bottom, but it definitely was not breathing.

Could have been a blod clot, a stroke, heart attack any number of things that cause instant death. Too bad you didnt get it on video, its a shame that the fish died but how many videos of fish instantly dieing are there?

Archived