Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lani LED from Triton

Sherman

masterbuilder

They're pretty cool...should be for over $1500. I researched them a while back and surprisingly they seem to be working well over SPS from the few examples I could find. Several places will ship from Europe with US electrics. For me...decided it was too pricey.

http://www.sewatec.de/lighting/triton/

I bought my Mitras LED from the link above. With the exchange rate (at that time) it cost me about the same as a Radion. :) (note that you deduct the 19% VAT from the posted price for overseas purchases)

They're pretty cool...should be for over $1500. I researched them a while back and surprisingly they seem to be working well over SPS from the few examples I could find. Several places will ship from Europe with US electrics. For me...decided it was too pricey.

http://www.sewatec.de/lighting/triton/

I bought my Mitras LED from the link above. With the exchange rate (at that time) it cost me about the same as a Radion. :) (note that you deduct the 19% VAT from the posted price for overseas purchases)

How much was shipping? Exchange rate is pretty good right now with the euro.

I was very confuse on the way their led light is constructed.

Most brand now cluster 10 to 15 leds into a cluster

But Lani still using the white and blue led with an addition of a purple

led. 5 leds per cluster.

And they run their 3 watt led at 1 watt.

Just very confuse on their concept against others

led. 5 leds per cluster.

My understanding of their concept is to run many LEDs at lower wattage to more closely mimic T5 diffuse coverage and also virtually eliminate 'hot-spots'.

From a 'Reef Builders' article: https://reefbuilders.com/2014/05/30/unibody-lani-led-triton-reef/:

'The Unibody Lani LED is a thoroughly engineered for thermal management and without a fan the Lani LED is completely silent. Rather than group a few colors of high quality LEDs into a cluster and secondary lenses for good color mixing, the Lani LED simply blankets its full-body PCB with no fewer than 80 LEDs including 16 UV LEDs with an emission peak of 405nm, and the remaining 64 diodes evenly spread across cool white Cree XTE and blue XPE.'

With this LED combo they cover the photosynthetic spectrum (violet, blue) and also provide a relatively small amount of the 'warmer colors'. The 'blue' they are using provides for a brighter look, so the array shouldn't look so dim to our eyes as it would if they had gone with Royal Blue.

They have 8 Royal blue in the Pro model.

They are placing their light set very close to the water surface.

6 inches.

Very hard to do tank maintenace I foresee

led. 5 leds per cluster.

Most standard 3W diodes are most efficient when running at ~1W. That is the lumens per watt is the highest. The thermal load is also considerably lower at this power range. The Lani LED is passively cooled just like the Sicce AM466 and the new upcoming CoralCare from Phillips. All of them have the same characteristic that the LEDs are run at low wattage. When it comes to lighting in a reef tank it's all about spread instead of intensity no matter what ecotech or ai tell you.

When it comes to lighting in a reef tank it's all about spread instead of intensity no matter what ecotech or ai tell you.

That is a good way to put it. From my own experience with a DIY array in a similar style, it works very well indeed.

Most standard 3W diodes are most efficient when running at ~1W. That is the lumens per watt is the highest. The thermal load is also considerably lower at this power range. The Lani LED is passively cooled just like the Sicce AM466 and the new upcoming CoralCare from Phillips. All of them have the same characteristic that the LEDs are run at low wattage. When it comes to lighting in a reef tank it's all about spread instead of intensity no matter what ecotech or ai tell you.

gus6464 thank you for your clear and detail explanation.

It really bring me back to the basic

Thank You once again

Seems the Europeans are all about these type of fixtures which is a good thing. Here is another one:

http://aqualeds.de/

http://www.aqua-medic.de/index.php?r=catalog/product&id=283&cid=96

The aquamedic is interesting as each diode is installed inside mini reflectors.

Oh so Triton is no the only company with led running at 1 watt.

Make me want to design a new light set running at 1 watt

gus6464 thank you for all the info

Archived