Coral Vue Hydros

Muntzor's IM Fusion 20

muntzor

Hey Everyone,

I started off about 1 year and half ago with a Fluval Spec V - Some photo's below of how things have progressed. Time has come for an upgrade and I have been shopping around for a suitable tank. Was looking at the new IM Lagoon series, unfortunately the Australian distributor has given up and are not bringing in any more IM gear.

Thus my journey led me to find a used Fusion 20 which I was able to pick up quite cheap.

Kind of feel like I'm following Kijho's footsteps just without the quality!

This time I am using Real Reef Rock, similar to CaribSea Life Rock but much more available in Australia.

Tank Specs

Tank: Innovative Marine Fusion Nano 20

Stand: Ikea Drawers

Lights: AI Hydra 26

Filtration: 2x IM stock media baskets (Looking to upgrade to InTank asap)

Skimmer: TBA

Heater: Fluval 100w

Return Pump: 2 x Sicce Syncra 1.5's - Awesomely Quiet

Wavemaker: TBA

ATO - TBA (Looking at a Smart ATO)

Just about to start the scape. Will add more pictures as I go on. Unfortunately I have pull down my IM 8g to make some room.

Any idea's on the type of clownfish? And my Bi-Coour was a little bit interested in the phone camera. Pictures below are from the Spec V

ch3v3Kb.png

oC47ybX.png

Finally got the tank in its place.

tD4EKAr.png

Just waiting for the glue on my scape to settle and place it in.

Also, just a pic of my mini maxi.

43TZuAk.png

While doing a bit of cleaning, found my lawnmower blenny in the filter section of my fluval spec v. I have no idea how to get him out, any ideas?

Hey man! :) Time to upgrade, too eh!! Don't worry when it comes to photo quality and such, what really matter is the quality of your aquarium!!! Photos can come last :D !

Looking forward to following your progress, my Nuvo 20's going to take a long time to get started up & running I think as I have to budget alot more carefully (CDN dollar is so awful right now economy is just crap)..

Did you buy your tank used, why the need for the vinegar bath? You have it all setup already it looks like, fish, sand, and alot of coralline?

Hey mate, the pictures of the fish, sand and an awful lot of a coralline are from the spec v.

The Fusion 20 was purchased second hand, great price as well. Though it had some built up algea, main reason for the vinegar bath.

Once i get some water in the 20 ill redo the original post with a proper equipment list.

Finished the scape last night, decided to use putty to try and get the rocks to stay together.

gzWGdLj.png

And then this morning, spent the time adding sand, and filling the tank with NSW.

r9cFFPQ.png

I think I added a bit to much sand, going to let the water settle and siphon out the unwanted sand.

This time I decided to use CaribSea Special grade. In the Spec V I used CaribSea Oolite, which was horrible trying to control.

Going to pick up some Dr Tim's One and Only this afternoon. Never used it for a cycle before, and the first time I have seen it on the Australian market. Should be interesting to see if it quicken's the cycle up.

Going to pick up some Dr Tim's One and Only this afternoon. Never used it for a cycle before, and the first time I have seen it on the Australian market. Should be interesting to see if it quicken's the cycle up.

Gotta feed the bacteria too so get some ammonia by Dr. Tim's. Unless you plan to just add the bacteria and fish together around the same time.

Kijho, TL;DR on Dr Tim's;

Dose the tank with some ammonia, dose the tank with Dr Tim's, wait a few days, dose some more ammonia, check the water. Continue doing this for a few days until your tank can get rid of the ammonia in under a day.

The longer version I have attached an image -

8d2pNe1.jpg

Just waiting for my package to get here, will hopefully start it tonight, or tomorrow.

The tank's water has cleaned up nicely with just running filter floss. Oh and InTank are running a combo deal on 2 media baskets, 1 fuge.

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Innovative-Marine-Fusion-20-25-Package-Deal-IM20Bundle.htm

A bit slow on the updates, still waiting for the first signs of the cycle to kick in. Have not started with Dr Tim's yet, as no way to feed the bacteria as I haven't received my ammonia yet.

Thinking about going the supermarket shrimp way, at least get some ammonia in the tank and then dose Dr Tim's.

I'm actually amazed at how clean the water is at the moment, and the glass clarity on the IM 20 -Looks amazing.

Archived