Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Noobie from Sussex uk

Big daz

Hi all I'm daz just thought I'd say a small hello

I've been looking into getting my first sw tank for a couple of years and for Xmas my wonderful wife got me a

Wave vision 45 which is 35l

So after buy a couple of books and lurking around on here yesterday I added sand lr and water so I'm under way

Anyway I'll get some pics up and keep you posted daz

I should have learned metrics better, thank goodness for conversion calcs, lol. Welcome to nano reef, very informative and friendly group here!

Thank you all for the warm welcome so here's a couple of pics fingers crossed I can make it

workpost-90368-0-16834800-1453654695_thumb.jpeg

post-90368-0-19885100-1453654767_thumb.jpg

post-90368-0-58354700-1453654790_thumb.jpg

And these are my current parameters

Don't understand why they keep coming out upside down

I even tried to flip them in the source but still come out up side down hah

Also will the ammonia just start to come down over time as only done my first water change today

I even tried to flip them in the source but still come out up side down hah

Also will the ammonia just start to come down over time as only done my first water change today

Your tank is still incredibly fresh, that ammonia is from die off on your live rock and is absolutely nessasarly in order to start your cycling process. Over the next week-2 weeks you should see ammonia levels drop as it breaks down into nitrite then into nitrate. I have even read on the site that people only start doing water changes after their tank has completely cycled.

Yep, no water changes necessary as the tank is cycling, unless you are getting unusually high readings of ammonia ( I would dose pure ammonia until your readings are at 2ppm. When you see that ammonia drops from 2ppm, to 0 within a 24 hr period you are close to being done. You just have to wait for the nitrite to drop to zero. You can do a water change when the cycle is complete to lower your nitrates.

I like that you don't have a black background, makes the tank look bright and open.

• 2 weeks later...

Now my water conditions all seem to be right today I added my first critters

2x Halloween hermits there so small

3x turbo snails

Finally we have movement

• 4 weeks later...

Well I thought it was time for an update all is going well all my cuc are happy and all my corals are really bright and seem to be getting bigger

Well here's a couple of pics I've got to go reduce the quality as not letting me add most but the tank has

5x Zoa frags

3x mushrooms

1x gsp type frag ?????

And a smallish leather toadstool frag

post-90368-0-75761000-1456854014_thumb.jpg

post-90368-0-77365500-1456854130_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd come and put a new pic up as I'm now going into my fourth month still in love with my tank but already want to go bigger shhhh (don't tell my wife) but all seems happy I'm up to 12 frags and I have a couple of clowns but would love one more small fish if any one has any suggestions post-90368-0-89270700-1459355545_thumb.jpg

Just thought I'd come and put a new pic up as I'm now going into my fourth month still in love with my tank but already want to go bigger shhhh (don't tell my wife) but all seems happy I'm up to 12 frags and I have a couple of clowns but would love one more small fish if any one has any suggestions attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The upgrade bug hits fast and hard! ;) We all know the feeling!

• 2 months later...

Welcome fellow Brit! I'm up in Yorkshire :)

This forum is ace, I've inly been on a week but have learnt a great deal. Hope you enjoy your new hobby!

Just realised you've been on longer than me lol

Archived