Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro

texanreefer

Okay so I got one of these and I installed it right before I left on vacation because I am reckless! All went well though, no failures. The ATO works well on my Spec V. My only complaint is that it is extremely bright blue for having it in the bedroom and is distracting at night. I will probably black out the AIO part of the Spec to fix this issue. It would be much too bright at night if it was in the display part of a pico and probably keep some corals open.

I agree. The light is quite bright, but mine is in the back portion of my AIO. It might make an ok "moonlight" in the display area of a tank. I have someone sleeping on my couch currently, so I haven't gotten to see if mine shows up at all in the dark. He moves out this weekend so I will see then.

Needreefunds

These have been out of stock everywhere it seems. Marine depot listed them due in a couple days but now changed back to 2-3 weeks. :/

What does everyone use for a ATO container?? Pump is about 1.5" square so it would be nice to have something that you could drop the pump in

Travisgause

I just use a 3.5 gallon clear tote with a lockable style lid. I marked the minimum water level at witch the pump will no longer pump water (about a half inch in my containter). I then placed graduated marks on the side of it indicating gallons left inside the container. I notched the lid so my ATO hose will not hinder the lid closing. I know this does not answer your question about a drop in container but it works really well for me.

What does everyone use for a ATO container?? Pump is about 1.5" square so it would be nice to have something that you could drop the pump in

This is one of the reason I plan to seap out the pump for a peristaltic pump...I like using my slim 1 gallon container and know there is no way the stock pump will fit thru the opening.

This will mostly be an AMEN post, but this little thing is the best ATO I have ever had. First it comes with everything. Second it is the least annoying sound wise. The beeping and flashing is short lived and not particularly loud. It is also very small making clutter management easier. While I use it for my NUVO 16 I don't see why it would not work for a larger tank. It holds water level and salinity at very tight levels as compared to the HYDOR and I like it better than my IM ATO both of which I am going to get rid of (I certainly would never consider using them again). The blue light of sensor is bright and it would be a problem if in the display tank. I would guess if you had a problem with the pump you would have to buy a hole new setup. The learning curve is almost non-existent compared to other units. The magnet is weak for the supply line, but that was corrected by using an extra magnet I had from a Little Fishes nano alge cleaner. To be fair the magnet worked, but I did worry about it enough to replace it. Buy this puppy. I bought for $99, but frankly after using it I would pay more if I had to and not give it a second thought.

• 1 month later...

I have had mine set up on my 24jbj. It's pretty damn cool. Works flawlessly. I would agree that the magnets are a little weak. It's not loud at all.

Cencalfishguy56

I have had mine set up on my 24jbj. It's pretty damn cool. Works flawlessly. I would agree that the magnets are a little weak. It's not loud at all.

I'm really curious as to why everyone feels they are so weak? I can see that they're not as strong as some tunze magnets I've used before but I haven't had any problems with it detaching from the side of the sump, it really is a cool little ato though

maybe put some black silicone over the light :)

I'm waiting to order this. My LFS has it but charging $129.99 vs $99 listed online :/

The price has gone up everywhere

Needreefunds

I'm really curious as to why everyone feels they are so weak? I can see that they're not as strong as some tunze magnets I've used before but I haven't had any problems with it detaching from the side of the sump, it really is a cool little ato though

Just the weight and routing of the hose up and over the back of the tank is almost enough "pressure" to break the magnet free. Obviously it depends on your own set up and routing as to weather it's an issue or not. Creative routing, a tie wrap or two can easily rectify this. Certainly not a deal breaker IMO. Overall it's a great little ATO.

Cencalfishguy56

Just the weight and routing of the hose up and over the back of the tank is almost enough "pressure" to break the magnet free. Obviously it depends on your own set up and routing as to weather it's an issue or not. Creative routing, a tie wrap or two can easily rectify this. Certainly not a deal breaker IMO. Overall it's a great little ATO.

makes sense, I don't have this problem so I can see why I never noticed lol
  • Like 1

wow it did, I snagged this beauty when it first came out at $100 lol

I was going to get one but my only problem with it is I hear the pump is weak. If it was wired to a pump like the tunze nano it would be perfect

Cencalfishguy56

I was going to get one but my only problem with it is I hear the pump is weak. If it was wired to a pump like the tunze nano it would be perfect

its weak if you have a ways to pump, my reservoir is literally next to my sump in my stand so it's not very far to pump