SaltCritters.com

Steves CoraLife 29G BC - Cooling update with pics

EquinsuOcha

Looking good. TDS pre-di seems high given your starting TDS. Is the waste/output ratio configurable on the BRS system?

Just by example my pre TDS is 184. Pre DI is 12 post is 0.

After doing some reading normal RO water is from 10-20 PPM... I have found nothing on BRS about this though.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how fast some corals frag them selves or propagate. BUT I have some zoas that were not there when I put them in the tank. 2 little heads about the size of a sharpie tip.

I don't know how fast my GSP will grow, it seems to be doing ok right now.

I still need to figure out what lighting to give them.

Reeflink and ATO update.

ATO installed and already doing its job. I had a pretty wicked idea for my next house...

DI side of RODI with a float valve installed in my ATO, then the RODI will top off my ATO and the ATO will top off my tank. I am sure people have done this but I like it haha.

Reeflink... Pain the ars to set up... the Reeflink wouldn't work unless it was about 2 feet or closer to my MP10. I set up a pretty neat profile to try for the next week or so.

does anyone know how to set up the gyre to be 5 second intervals and not 2 second?

ED246CE2-0C6B-4FED-9D68-D053A70ACDCB_zps

StevesLEDs installed.

Got kinda excited and didn't take any pictures. I did a little extra in the install though. Used more weather stripping and aluminum duct tape to seal everything on the intake fan.

Corals are loving it though, noticeable difference. I do not recommend the moon light package from them. the 3m tape on it didn't stick for me, I already need to open up the hood and fix it. 1 day...

Also the typhon controller seems kind of sensitive to movement, if you tap it the white lights flicker. It doesn't have the case yet, they were out of stock. I should be getting it in a few days.

Also I ordered an aqua-mag. I removed all the GSP from the tank and ordered premium GSP and will put it on the aqua mag away from the main rock mountain.

Frogspawn under new LEDs

Blue channel 1 at 51%

White channel 2 at 46%

42E6150C-80C0-408A-AA6F-73362325D8D4_zps

EquinsuOcha

So in the last I have always struggled with having a copepod population in my tank. I was gazing upon my tank this evening; I noticed 100s of white specs on the glass... I took my glasses off to look at them really close, they are moving. Googled copepod and I'm 99.8% sure it's what I have everywhere. Clown fish were destroying them haha. I didn't think they would eat them. I have been taking pictures with my macro lens but having no luck!

Just wanted to share

EquinsuOcha

My first tank was a Biocube 29 I really liked that tank yours is looking really good. Did you use that Walt Smith rock?

Yes that's walt smith prr 2.1

In my video do you think my flow is to high check out the Xenia

Tank is looking great!!! I thought I was following your thread but apparently not :) I LOVE that frogspawn. And I know I keep saying that but it is awesome :)

EquinsuOcha

Tank is looking great!!! I thought I was following your thread but apparently not :) I LOVE that frogspawn. And I know I keep saying that but it is awesome :)

Thank you! It's getting bigger slowly but surely.

Yes that's walt smith prr 2.1

In my video do you think my flow is to high check out the Xenia

Nope I think it's perfect. If the flow is to high most soft corals won't polyp or in the Xenia's case it would stay shriveled up. You need some Gorgonians in there :P

Most of my videos have them swaying in the flow. I like them a lot they give the reef some height and movement.

Plus they are cheap and pretty easy to care for. Well most of them :lol:

EquinsuOcha

Recommendations for easy ones? I'm trying to stay away from purple is all because of that rock

Most of my videos have them swaying in the flow. I like them a lot they give the reef some height and movement. Plus they are cheap and pretty easy to care for. Well most of them :lol:

EquinsuOcha

Looking good up in here! Those the only zoas you have?

I have 5 others but struggle to get pictures. I will try in a while.

Orange ones

Generic ugly ones lol

Rostas

Watermelons

And ones I can't identify

Archived