Cultivated Reef

Steves CoraLife 29G BC - Cooling update with pics

EquinsuOcha

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always use those badges - I actually still have one in my 66 - just in case :) I figure it is better to be safe than sorry!!!

I cant seem to find any other forms of them. is it just for ammonia?

Tested PH last night 8.2

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 5-10 hard to tell

I did my weekly 5 gallon water change - went smooth.

MP10 goes in today pretty stoked about that! It will go in as long as both of my daughters decide to take a nap. They are teething right now and are pretty cranky haha.

I am debating on adding some corals... I am very nervous about it... in the past I have only done FOWLR tanks.

Goal is all easy to care for corals.

Got a pic of her finally!

3C9D3DE2-726D-4B98-9138-C65FAE47207A_zps

Update

• Made first post more legible
  • updated to current picture
  • 0 ammonia with bade - API test to verify
  • 0 nitrite
  • 5 nitrate API test
  • fish are healthy and loving the MP10 - clowns swim around a LOT more...

On the way

• StevesLED
  • new hood from forum member
  • ATO
  • deciding on my next fish...
  • deciding on first coral!

Clean up crew arrived today. I waited until algae showed up so they have food. In total I ordered 12 various snails.

Clean up crew arrived today. I waited until algae showed up so they have food. In total I ordered 12 various snails.

I tried taking hires pictures of the fish. Not 100% satisfied but after 500 some shots this is what I got.

Camera

Nikon D7000

35MM prime lens F1.8

60MM dedicated macro lens F2.8

16GB HC sandisk SD cards

Macro lens F8, iso 600, 60shutterspeed, auto white balance

DSC_6468_zpscxvrgcrm.jpg

DSC_6482_zpspttzbuex.jpg

Decision made tonight. I tested the water and looked at my water trend over the last month. Ammonia has been 0, nitrate 5 and nitrite is 0. I showed my wife the test and she said does this mean we can put a coral in the tank. Answer is yes.

Pumping Xenia first

Frogspawn

And a zoanthids pack :)

Lots of stuff happening in the next few days:

-RO/DI with the drinking water bladder from BRS ordered today

-My first coral ordered today... Zoo 4 pack random and green star polyp

-New ATO ordered

-Reeflink ordered

-StevesLED fully loaded extreme SPS ordered

-Moonlight RGB ordered.

-More clean up crew - current 10 snails cant keep up.

-annnnd I preordered FarCry Primal - Xbox one haha

I cant seem to find any other forms of them. is it just for ammonia?

Tested PH last night 8.2

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 5-10 hard to tell

I did my weekly 5 gallon water change - went smooth.

MP10 goes in today pretty stoked about that! It will go in as long as both of my daughters decide to take a nap. They are teething right now and are pretty cranky haha.

I am debating on adding some corals... I am very nervous about it... in the past I have only done FOWLR tanks.

Goal is all easy to care for corals.Got a pic of her finally! 3C9D3DE2-726D-4B98-9138-C65FAE47207A_zps

You will do fine with coral. I remember feeling nervous just like you and my son encouraged me to try it. There are lots of cool softies and even some pretty easy LPS that will thrive if you are consistent with your water changes and don't overfeed.

You will do fine with coral. I remember feeling nervous just like you and my son encouraged me to try it. There are lots of cool softies and even some pretty easy LPS that will thrive if you are consistent with your water changes and don't overfeed.

Thank you for the kind words. Makes me feel better about buying some. I just don't like harming an innocent creature if I don't have to...

Thank you for the kind words. Makes me feel better about buying some. I just don't like harming an innocent creature if I don't have to...

I completely understand that. And that is a very responsible attitude and precisely why you will do fine.

I completely understand that. And that is a very responsible attitude and precisely why you will do fine.

Well Tracking says New corals will be here today between 10am and 12pm. Pretty stoked.

GSP

and

4 pack zoo with 1 free zoo because $200.00 order

I also got a new fish! I will reveal this later

On another note:

I will be installing my RO/DI with drinking tank on Monday after I get off work... Wife is pretty happy about it. I sold it like this

-We spend $160.00 a year on bottled water - city water here has some yellowing and lead in it.

-The RO/DI was 249.99

-I spend 13.99 every week on 5 gallons of RO water for the tank.

-the RO/DI will save us massive ammounts of money in the end.

-AND no longer will we run out of water and be like oh shit go get water at midnight at wawa cuz we are thirsty!

haha

Well Tracking says New corals will be here today between 10am and 12pm. Pretty stoked.

GSP

and

4 pack zoo with 1 free zoo because $200.00 order

I also got a new fish! I will reveal this later

On another note:

I will be installing my RO/DI with drinking tank on Monday after I get off work... Wife is pretty happy about it. I sold it like this

-We spend $160.00 a year on bottled water - city water here has some yellowing and lead in it.

-The RO/DI was 249.99

-I spend 13.99 every week on 5 gallons of RO water for the tank.

-the RO/DI will save us massive ammounts of money in the end.

-AND no longer will we run out of water and be like oh shit go get water at midnight at wawa cuz we are thirsty!

haha

Hey, it makes sense to me!

Newest addition

2324913A-9D92-4FBC-A0CA-A958AE53EB3A_zps

I placed the FD here and he wiggled and aimed down. So I moved him to the right side of the tank in the back and he wiggled to the back bottom of the tank. Did some reading, it seems if he's unhappy he will find the best home for himself.

My Zoas are in but closed. A few small ones opened but I'll post pics when they all open!

Pretty happy with this guy... My secret tank addition still has not shown her face. I thought she was dead at first but I have found her... She has found a cave!!!

F44E0FAA-A372-4862-ACD3-7C4387B3D946_zps

Wife is loving it especially because of the fresh water. No more bottled just a big Jim Carey fan.

Tomorrow I get reeflink and ATO

Added the faucet it's not ideal but works for our current home. Going to clean up the tubing tomorrow.

DCBA6919-5B88-42B9-AD6C-B32F762AAB4E_zps

Tap water

BF8537A1-ACD8-4A50-AD61-4CC8B5C4F066_zps

Poland spring bottled water

E9A26D59-0108-458B-961D-E61D15560DF1_zps

RO water pre DI

FEC5DA5A-FCFB-4999-8F41-8F53D7432F3C_zps

RODI water

DB7D562D-7907-44C4-83F3-B554B7DE4CC7_zps

Very pleased with system. Ran for 10 minutes to flush out new filters. Water tastes amazing. I bought a second tank that I will replace in 1 year.

Looking good. TDS pre-di seems high given your starting TDS. Is the waste/output ratio configurable on the BRS system?

Just by example my pre TDS is 184. Pre DI is 12 post is 0.

Archived