Pod Your Reef

So FL only: green banded gobies

Proudgeek

jedimasterben

A bit far for me or I'd take the rest of them. Still far cheaper than buying them from most places, even the LFS around here charge almost $20 apiece for them. :)

A bit far for me or I'd take the rest of them. Still far cheaper than buying them from most places, even the LFS around here charge almost $20 apiece for them. :)

I go to Sebring a few times a year. If I had another tank, it would work.... Thx

Ordering some and they come in a 5 pack. Only want two. Who's in?

I am trying for the seller to sell fewer though...

Where are you ordering them from?

I love these damn gobies!

I only ever had a single. Do they do well in groups? I know live aquaria says they do, but sometimes their information is wrong.

I love these damn gobies!

I only ever had a single. Do they do well in groups? I know live aquaria says they do, but sometimes their information is wrong.

They are great for sure. I've also had single only but all indications lead to at least good mated pairs. That is why I am going with 2. If you have a large tank, more may not be an issue.

So the 5 fish are ordered and will get here Tuesday. The other 3 fish are already spoken for. Will post again if anything changes. Harry is 1st on the stand-by list.

I ordered a group of 5 and some nerite snails cuz #### it. I'm thinking either a pair in a 5g and sell the other 3 or put all 5 in my 40 breeder.

Mine came today, whats weird is he said he couldn't do Tuesday delivery and had to ship right away (he also types in all CAPS). They all are alive although I had a good scare. The package wasn't on my doorstep and I was ready to call UPS and demand to know where the driver delivered it. I decided to check around the house and found the package in the snow on its side over the balcony.

I was picturing 5 frozen ice cube gobies delivered to the wrong house.

I don't know how it got from "delivered to front door" to in a snow bank in just 15 min. Maybe the UPS guy saw "live fish" and punted it over the side :blink:

They were in a home made styro package with a heat pack. It is 16 degrees outside which is basically a heat wave. The water in the bag was 65 degrees, the gobies are various sizes and were pretty inactive but now acting normal that they are back in warm water. My only complaint is they shipped all 5 in a small bag with about 1.5 cups of water in it. My thought was.. if one perished, it might pollute the water and all 5 would end up dying.

Hope yours make it safely!

Mine came today, whats weird is he said he couldn't do Tuesday delivery and had to ship right away (he also types in all CAPS). They all are alive although I had a good scare. The package wasn't on my doorstep and I was ready to call UPS and demand to know where the driver delivered it. I decided to check around the house and found the package in the snow on its side over the balcony.

I was picturing 5 frozen ice cube gobies delivered to the wrong house.

I don't know how it got from "delivered to front door" to in a snow bank in just 15 min. Maybe the UPS guy saw "live fish" and punted it over the side :blink:

They were in a home made styro package with a heat pack. It is 16 degrees outside which is basically a heat wave. The water in the bag was 65 degrees, the gobies are various sizes and were pretty inactive but now acting normal that they are back in warm water. My only complaint is they shipped all 5 in a small bag with about 1.5 cups of water in it. My thought was.. if one perished, it might pollute the water and all 5 would end up dying.

Hope yours make it safely!

What a trip for those guys... Thanks for the heads up. Luckily, I live in Miami so it should be a non stop flight with a warm landing for mine. Hoping for the best and enjoy yours!

The pack arrived this morning but one did not make it :( Seller already refunded for the loss and the remaining two gobies have already been adopted.

• 3 weeks later...
jedimasterben

Any available?

They're sold out of them, they will have more the next time they go collecting, which is usually every couple of weeks.

jedimasterben

I want more. I wonder what 15-20 of them in my 40 breeder would look like. The 5 I have hang out together.

Do it. They're so cheap, why not?!
  • 2 weeks later...

Prob will if I notice he has them in stock again and has enough of them.

You are killing me with this :lol: I can not find these little guys or gals anywhere local......

Back in stock :)

Archived