Pod Your Reef

BTA Movin in...question.

PorkchopSandwiches

PorkchopSandwiches

Hey y'all so i am new here and fairly new to reef keeping. I started with a 3 gal and after 4 months have already moved everything to a 14g biocube. i just bought a bubble tip anemone and everything i have read about them is how they will move around until they find their happy place. i don't have a ton of frags yet...3 zoas, a pulsing xenia, a duncan, frogspawn, and some gsp. I am curious once i get it in the tank should i move the other frags until it gets comfy or just leave them where they are and hope it doesn't kill any of them in its travels?

i havent glued anything down yet so i was just thinking maybe i can move them to the floor until it settles...or is that just stressing everything out too much?

thanks y'all.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, Let the Nem do what it wants and adjust accordingly. Some softies seem to be resistant to the sting but others and LPS may need to be moved. As long as you observe daily you should have time to move things out of the way. SPS tend to be more sensitive to stinging.

Whatever you do, don't try to move the BTA. Let it do its thing. I've cast a shadow on my BTA with a post-it note under the light to get it to leave a place I didn't want it, but that's about as invasive as you should get with them. If they get too stressed, they can melt down on you.

Also, make sure you remember to put a foam cover or nylon over your Powerhead. Most important thing you can do!!!!!!!!

Archived