inTank Media Baskets

Nuvo 10, 17w Par 38?

Visionist

Looking at buying a Nuvo 10 since I'm downsizing my SW and want something that can fit on my desk.

I have a few 17w rapid led par38 bulbs right now with 80deg optics(although I could probably change the optics if needed). Would the 17w bulb be enough to support SPS in the middle to top range? I'm assuming with 80deg spread I could just put the light closer to the tank if needed?

You would probably need 3 over that tank to bring the relative intensity up enough while covering the tank.

That doesn't make much of any sense? I used 3 of them over a 20g long and grew birdsnest, montipora and frogspawn etc with full coverage. The nuvo 10 is a cube tank, 3 wouldn't even fit over it. I have 2 of them currently so I could run both on the tank if need be but it just seems to me like that might be too much lighting?

17 watt is pretty low for a PAR 38. You might want to try a 24 watt or higher. Coral compulsion makes great ones and they even make a 35W Par 38

That doesn't make much of any sense? I used 3 of them over a 20g long and grew birdsnest, montipora and frogspawn etc with full coverage. The nuvo 10 is a cube tank, 3 wouldn't even fit over it. I have 2 of them currently so I could run both on the tank if need be but it just seems to me like that might be too much lighting?

Sorry, I got the dimensions of that tank mixed up with something else in my head. I still think two would be prefered for both intensity and coverage. You also get the added bonus of less shadowing of the sps, leading to more even tissue coloration on the sps.

Ok perfect, you had me confused as hell haha. Ill probably run 2 for now and possibly rig them up into a single fixture diy with an arduino sometime if I feel adventurous.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived