ReefSafe Solutions Temp Controller
Maxspect Gyre XF130

AquaMaxx HOB-1

Plus a closet full of other stuff I already had

Still need

Media Basket(s) inTank

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so had a little hospital stay so got delayed. But making my water now and trying to arrange my reef cleaners rock. Decided to go with a gyre xf 130. Pics soon to come

• Like 1

Ok cleared up nicely but had to move some sand. Also mismeasured the heater length and had to stick it in the display. Need a neotherm I guess or could stick it in one of the skimmers I've looked at.

16EA7583-01FE-4CB0-807C-1087AA412BA5.jpg

D6FDFD58-2550-476A-A3E1-D106BE4F2C75.jpg

0FE4CA94-23D3-414C-BCA1-BF9B0A307727.jpg

Get a titanium finnex heater they rock and are like $35 for the size you would need plus they fit!

Scape looks great :)

Ok I'll check them out. Thanks
  • Like 1

Yep I guess even with the bigger IMs the heaters do not fit......I have a neotherm as nothing else would fit the little 20.....

Tank is looking good! What size sand is that?

Anytime buddy.

Is it this model?

http://www.finnex.net/index.php/hmo-series/?___store=default

Yep I guess even with the bigger IMs the heaters do not fit......I have a neotherm as nothing else would fit the little 20.....

Tank is looking good! What size sand is that?

The bag say 1.0-2.0 mm

Yep the heater isn't even close to fitting in the back and I guess being the lagoon doesn't help. My other IM 10 I had a neotherm from the start.

• Like 1

Yep that's it,I have the analog dial model instead of the digital,but same thing.

Ok cool see if I can come up with a few more things to order. Shouldn't be hard :)

B1CF8741-ECBB-4923-8453-F19915D85F9E.jpg

Almost perfectly clear! Have to find a container for my ato reservoir that fits in the stand. I had planned to just use a bucket but that's a no go. Scared to plug up the gyre after reading some more bad threads about them.

Ok finally remembered to pee in the tank to get the cycle started. Just kidding I've been adding aquavitro seed and a little food. Decided to add a couple pounds of live rock as well to help out. Now the wait........

• Like 2

Any one have tips on setting up the full Tunze Osmolator ATO? The manual seems to be lacking. Feels like Im pouring a gallon of water in it everyday. I bought a 10g standard aquarium and it fits perfect in the bottom of the stand for a reservoir.

• Like 1

Looks good all cleared up! The scape works really well. Stocking plans?

Ive added a few pieces of live rock but not much. I seem to have more interest in lps and some gorgs. Maybe a monti or two and a green slimer cause the color is so vivid. Fish not sure besides clown of some type and a cryptic wrasse.

• Like 1

Ive added a few pieces of live rock but not much. I seem to have more interest in lps and some gorgs. Maybe a monti or two and a green slimer cause the color is so vivid. Fish not sure besides clown of some type and a cryptic wrasse.

I like the slimers,the cryptic wrasse is cool too :)
  • Like 1

Any one have tips on setting up the full Tunze Osmolator ATO? The manual seems to be lacking. Feels like Im pouring a gallon of water in it everyday. I bought a 10g standard aquarium and it fits perfect in the bottom of the stand for a reservoir.

What do you mean pouring a gallon a day. Put the magnet/switch where you want the level to be ("eye" facing down and float switch facing up), put the pump in the container, and a its all set. Whenever you turn it off and on it will add water so make sure the water is below the "eye" first so it doesn't confuse it and set off the alarm.

• Like 1