SaltCritters.com

Help with my petco cubic 3.7

wonderd

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet, I just got some for my tank. I recommend the jbj surface skimmer for 6 gallons. It's a perfect fit!

I glued mine on with plastic model glue. Works great! Adds a little extra water to display.

I glued mine on with plastic model glue. Works great! Adds a little extra water to display.

Ready to surface skim now.

Post pic of Pico pump in tank please

post-82220-0-58823300-1455248148_thumb.jpg

post-82220-0-36891900-1455248248_thumb.jpg

post-82220-0-21586400-1455248373_thumb.jpg

Im confused, what does that skimmer do? I hate this damn pump I got. It vibrates for NO reason, its not hitting any of the walls. I even completely pulled it out and placed it in open water. The inside of the pump vibrates randomly with the 90 degree elbow on...If I take the elbow off (which I need) then it stopped vibrating. I don't know what to do. Of course its not the end of the world but its supper annoying I need to do something about it.

Post pics with that light installed!

That sucks about the pump. The upgraded pump I m using for the return. Is powerful enough I shouldn't need a powerhead. If I do, I'll use the stock mini pump. The surface skimmer removes the film buildup ontop of the water.

I've got to order a clamp for my light

Refer to my previous post: I have the same brand pump and it was rattling against my glass heater. I ended up halfing some airline turnings longitudinally and tied them around the pump. Problem solved.

Gotcha, weird I do not have build up on top of my tank.

@dandelion the rattle is from inside the pump, something to do with the back pressure from the 90 degree elbow. Its not vibrating against anything. I wish it was that simple.

Simulated Fish

I want to build something like this and put a protein skimmer in in, and also have a place to grow some chaeto!

Search for 10g DIY sump. There are quite a few good build treads out there :)

2 concerns, how loud is the whole separate sump with a skimmer once its set up? I've never had one. The tank is in a room I'd like to not add additional noise to.

How would something like this be done with the petco AIO tank being it already has a sump section in the back?

Are protein skimmers loud? I remember seeing one at a LFS and I thought it was pretty loud, not sure about the smaller ones we would use though. Any input?

Simulated Fish

How does that spread? Currently it just like a little tube shape as opposed to being flat. Will it unravel and lay flat?

The mat, the underside, will attach and begin to grow. GSP can and will grow on anything you put it on. Placing it on the back wall is attractive to me and is a interesting way to utilize space.

Simulated Fish

It looks like it raveled up, or curled up. Or is that just the way this piece is? Can I manually unravel it and try to place it flat on something?

Are there polyps on the underside? It should be really easy to "unravel" the GSP mat to provide a larger area for polyps to grow :)

Is it showing any signs of illness? They most likely are just stressed from being disturbed. Give it a few days and make sure all your parameters are in check. If it shows sign of symptoms move it to a hospital tank if you have one.

Archived