Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ocean Revive vs Coralife LED's

Thatoneomahaguy

Thatoneomahaguy

I am so excited! My Ocean Revive LED's are going to show up tomorrow! I have two quick questions though. I planned on hanging them these picture hanging stickies. They are rated for 4 lbs a piece so two of them should hold the 3 lb light very easy. Im just worried about them on my textured ceiling. Does anyone have experience with this? Last thing I need is this thing falling the water.

Question #2 ( and then like 8 others). I was at a LFS store and they had a 36" coralife LED for 40% off its $350 price tag so its only $210. Is this a smoking good deal? Or is the Ocean Revive better? Should I be considering getting this light instead? Since these lights are almost the same price which light would want and why? Any insight would be great!

Thatoneomahaguy

The ocean revive is leagues better.

Solid. That is what I was hoping to hear! I figured that one had to have such a big discount for a reason,

Don't use those adhesive strips. First, they won't stick to a textured surface. Second, they are designed to be used in shear, not tension. What that means is that the force applied to them needs to be parallel to the mounting surface, not perpendicular. If you try using them, you will be finding your new light getting very wet in no time flat. Get toggle bolts or something else that rated for ceiling installation.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived