Pod Your Reef

Nepenthe's IM 10 :: Jewel Box

Nepenthe

NEPENTHE'S IM 10 :: Jewel Box

I'm so happy to be picking up this hobby again, mostly because I'm back in school and loosing my mind and need a little distraction. The homicidal clown that ruled my last tank and basically put things into limbo is now gone. For a year there I just maintained the things she didn't rip apart. I can't believe how much has changed in this hobby in just a year. Glad to be back at it though.

• Display: 10 Gallon Innovative Marine
  • Lighting: Kessil Sky Blue (LONG LIVE THE DISCO BALL!)
  • Heater: 70 watt Ehiem Jager
  • Powerhead: EcoTech MP10
  • Filter media: Carbon, filter floss and Chemi Pure with inTank Media Baskets
  • Biological Filtration: Tonga branch, Cheato in inTank fuge
  • Substrate: Carib Sea Special Grade
  • Other Stuff: JBJ Fuge Light, Tunze ATO

-- Current Full Tank Shot --

03/05/2016 - Day 57

JeKUspy.jpg

01/30/2016 - Day 22

EH5OsLW.jpg

01/08/2016 - Day 1

1s06k8o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Everything was looking good and I picked up some zoa's from one of the more shady local stores (but they were so cheap). Two days later....cyano.....everywhere. Phosphorus looks good, but I suspect it's getting bound up. Orders from Live Aquaria and KP aquatics coming in soon.

Good work! I like your design, simple yet effective

Thanks! I'm really, really enjoying the limitations of the smaller size and the cube format.

Should be interesting if I can keep to my goal of limiting the corals. Stocking plans are as follows:

Corals

• assorted zoa
  • assorted blastomussa merletti
  • rusty gorgonians
  • duncan
  • frogspawn
  • carpet anemone
  • favia (sand bed)
  • plate coral (sand bed)

Creatures

• orchid dottyback
  • skunk cleaner shrimp or blood red fire shrimp
  • sexy shrimp trio
  • emerald crab
  • electric blue hermits
  • bumblebee snails
  • nerites
  • nassarius
  • turbans
  • feather duster

<p>

Should be interesting if I can keep to my goal of limiting the corals. Stocking plans are as follows:

Corals

• assorted zoa
  • assorted blastomussa merletti
  • rusty gorgonians
  • duncan
  • frogspawn
  • carpet anemone
  • favia (sand bed)
  • plate coral (sand bed)
Creatures
  • orchid dottyback
  • skunk cleaner shrimp or blood red fire shrimp
  • sexy shrimp trio
  • emerald crab
  • electric blue hermits
  • bumblebee snails
  • nerites
  • nassarius
  • turbans
  • feather duster

I would be carful with the carpet nem. They don't work well in smaller tanks and can cause a crash or catch fish. If you are set on a nem, I recomend a nice rock flower nem. I have a big hairy mushroom in my tank that looks a lot like a carpet nem

Interesting name...ever been to the Restaurant near Big Sur?

I would be carful with the carpet nem. They don't work well in smaller tanks and can cause a crash or catch fish. If you are set on a nem, I recomend a nice rock flower nem. I have a big hairy mushroom in my tank that looks a lot like a carpet nem

This. RFAs much more colorful and varied, don't eat stuff, and wont skunk your tank.

Thanks for the advise, totally meant maxi-mini (aka mini carpet).

Interesting name...ever been to the Restaurant near Big Sur?

This. RFAs much more colorful and varied, don't eat stuff, and wont skunk your tank.

That's my hometown, but no, the carnivorous plant. My other, other hobby.

your tank tank= cute. your avatar/sig= mad cute

:wub: I've been makin' all the art this past year!

Update!

EH5OsLW.jpg

Bonus, tank in situ! Got my box of land too!

u5JkrZR.jpg

• 1 month later...

March Update:

JeKUspy.jpg

qaPzgpK.jpg

t3XyHXF.jpg

Had to use chemiclean last month for a bad cyano outbreak that wouldn't go away despite blackouts and water changes and a lot of vacuuming. Didn't loose anything, which is excellent. My little Orchid Dottyback has finally gotten to know me, and is now coming out for food. I want to add another fish, but I have no idea what yet. Some other goby most likely. I'm also looking for a frogspawn or torch, but haven't seen anything I liked. A tank this size is challenging because space is at such a premium.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived